SueP365
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, if you have been on this trip to Sicily, and stayed at the Hotel Antares and Acacia Resort, could you please let me know what type of rooms you had.  I've been looking on the internet and the Hotel Antares has "single" rooms which look very small.  many thanks
Paul N
(Member)
'SueP365' wrote:

Hi, if you have been on this trip to Sicily, and stayed at the Hotel Antares and Acacia Resort, could you please let me know what type of rooms you had.  I've been looking on the internet and the Hotel Antares has "single" rooms which look very small.  many thanks

Hi Sue 

This was my first holiday with JY in May 2017. I wish I had found the company earlier as I had always travelled on my own prior to this. As far as I am aware JY always book double rooms for single use. The rooms at both Hotels were excellent as the JY website shows for Hotel Antares and the rooms at Acacia Resort were similar. If you decide to take this trip  I can thoroughly recommend it and I did all the excursions and Agrigento is a must see. Might be worth checking when the Giro d'Atalia cycle race is as it did mess up our trip to Mt Etna. 

Hope this helps. Paul

Kevin F
(Member)
I did this trip last September and can confirm you get a good sized double plus room at each hotel. I recall that one hotel had enough beds for five in it. I also had a balcony at both hotels. The only problem for me was that the Acacia Resort is a true resort hotel in the middle of nowhere (but with a great pebble beach). The hotel does operate a minibus to local places if you have any free time - but there is nowhere to go for a stroll and get a gelato or pick up water or drinks once you get back from the day out.
Duncolm
(Member)
I just got back from this tour last week. The rooms we had in the Hotel Antares were in the higher building. They were spacious and comfortable double rooms. My balcony gave a panoramic view all the way to the mainland. The downside of this hotel is that it's high on a hill. While there's a funicular and lift which will take you to the town level there's nothing interesting to walk to.

I can't comment on the Acacia Resort as at this time of the year they use a hotel in Palermo, which had good and bad points....

Overall it was a great tour, I really enjoyed it.

Paul N
(Member)
Hi Sue 

I agree with Kevin about Acacia Resort but if you go out of the main Hotel gate and turn left about a 5 minute stroll up the road is a small pleasant cafe where I and some of our party went for lunch on our free day. Certainly not a picturesque walk.  I always bought chilled bottled water from our coach driver for €1. 

Paul

JudyH
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this tour two years ago.  The Antares had good double rooms, slightly old fashioned, but with wonderful balconies. The buffet food was very poor. It was very high up with a lot of travelling up and down by funicular and lift but although time consuming not a problem. 

The Acacia resort was excellent, wonderful pool, fabulous dining room and food. We didn’t need to go out as the whole group spent the evening in the bar and enjoyed dancing. 

All the excursions were worth doing and very interesting.