Suitsya
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone could give me some info about the above tour. I have looked at some of the past reviews which seem to conflict about the amount of activity involved. Some people have mentioned that walking boots are required and others have said they wore sandals throughout as the temperature was hot. 

TIA

S

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this holiday several years ago.   There is a lot of activity in the programme but, as JY always stresses, it is entirely up to the individual how much they do.   If you don't feel like doing something one day you can stay by the pool at the hotel or, alternatively, go with the rest of the group and find somewhere pleasant to sit until they come back to the coach.   As to footwear, you really do need something with a good grip as the roads and pathways are usually steep and cobbled, so could be slippy (especially if it has been raining).   I took lightweight walking shoes, others had walking sandals - whatever you choose leave the flipflops and flimsy sandals at home or in the hotel.

Ann

turnke
(Member)
Hi Suitsya

I have replied to your earlier post saying that I am also on the 4th September departure.

I have been to several places on the tour,Vaduz,Bregenz and Lindau,on Lake Konstanz,and I have found normal footwear is fine for day to day touring. I would only think boots would only be required if you are going hiking.Sandals would be alright,the only thing is there may be cobblestones in some places. I am not a great walker,but,haven’t found anything that I wouldn’t be able to tackle.

Keith

Heatherk
(Member)
Hi

I did this trip a couple of years ago in July. We had one day of heavy rain then it was hot after that. it is an active holiday in as much as you're always on the move with moderate walking and lots of sightseeing .There was very little walking on rough ground so walking boots weren't needed. I would recommend taking trainers and sensible sandals. There was snow at the top of the cable car but we were only up there an hour or so and didn't explore further than the viewing area. Take layers and a waterproof as Alpine weather can be a bit unpredictable

Regards

Heather.

JENNY M
(Member)
I am thinking of booking trip alpine Europe in June are their many people booked on this trip as yet?
amorris52
(Member)
'JENNY M' wrote:

I am thinking of booking trip alpine Europe in June are their many people booked on this trip as yet?

I am interested in this trip along with an extension for the Walking in the Swiss Alps.  No definite decision made as  yet - just started investigating trips as a solo traveller.  This would be my first trip solo.

amorris52
(Member)
'JENNY M' wrote:

Also am contemplating this trip as well, sounds interesting.  This would be my first JY tour.

amorris52
(Member)
'JENNY M' wrote:

Also am contemplating this trip as well, sounds interesting.  This would be my first JY tour.