TonyC
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I’ve just booked this tour today and wondered if anyone else on this forum is on the same trip? If so please come say hi, this will be my third Just You holiday, I’m a 66 yr old male.

Admin can you tell me how many are booked so far, and breakdown of genders/ages please.

Vickie
(Member)
Morning Tony,

Sure, there are 4 people booked on this trip so far, 2 men and 2 women. Their ages range from early 50s to early 70s.

Many thanks,

Vickie

ck1234
(Member)
Vickie

Can I please have an update on how many people are booked on this trip and the maximum JY will take on this tour

Thanks

CK1234

Vickie
(Member)
Hi CK1234,

There are 12 people booked. The max number of spaces is 40.

Thanks,

Vickie

gill54
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi CK1234,

There are 12 people booked. The max number of spaces is 40.

Thanks,

Vickie

Just wanted to say hello. I’ve just booked this as there were only 2 spaces left out of 30. Glad they have reduced the maximum from 40 to 30 that’s why l booked it. There are 11 men and 18 ladies on this tour. Gill

Rob M
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm thinking about booking this trip as it looks amazing. When I phoned I was told there were 11 men and 13 ladies booked not 18 ladies as previously posted.
TonyC
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, do you have the name of the tour guide for this trip please, and also current numbers and gender split

Thanks

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Tony,

There are 25 people booked on this trip now, 12 men and 13 women. Their ages range from early 50s to late 70s.

Your Tour Manager will be Sharon Henry 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

gill54
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Tony,

There are 25 people booked on this trip now, 12 men and 13 women. Their ages range from early 50s to late 70s.

Your Tour Manager will be Sharon Henry 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hi Vickie

Will Sharon be flying out with us from Heathrow or will she meet us over there?

Gill

yvonne lynn
(Member)
'TonyC' wrote:

Hi, I’ve just booked this tour today and wondered if anyone else on this forum is on the same trip? If so please come say hi, this will be my third Just You holiday, I’m a 66 yr old male.

Admin can you tell me how many are booked so far, and breakdown of genders/ages please.

Hi Tony   I am also booked on the Great Eastern 13/09/19.  This will be my 4th holiday with Just You and have enjoyed all of them . Looking forward to meeting you .

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Gill,

Sharon will meet you over there 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Texasnavajo
(Member)
'TonyC' wrote:

Hi Tony/Gill - I'm booked on this tour and am looking forward to it so much. (Aren't we brave to travel so far on Friday 13th?) I've done lots of Just You holidays and enjoyed them all - in particular I went to Texas in 2015 and had a great time and made life long friends. I intend to do all the optional extra tours but initially wasn't sure about the whale-watching trip. I tried something similar in Iceland and all we saw was a puffin albeit a very nice one. Having checked though I now see that they have a much higher success rate so will probably give it a go. I'm looking forward to so many elements of the holiday but particularly the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum - good time to go 50 years after Apollo 11. Of course to see the Statue of Liberty will be amazing - never thought that I'd see it other than on the TV.

Vickie - is anyone else travelling from Norwich Airport?

Joe

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Joe,

Just the one person flying from Norwich 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

gill54
(Member)
'Texasnavajo' wrote:

'TonyC' wrote:

Hi Tony/Gill - I'm booked on this tour and am looking forward to it so much. (Aren't we brave to travel so far on Friday 13th?) I've done lots of Just You holidays and enjoyed them all - in particular I went to Texas in 2015 and had a great time and made life long friends. I intend to do all the optional extra tours but initially wasn't sure about the whale-watching trip. I tried something similar in Iceland and all we saw was a puffin albeit a very nice one. Having checked though I now see that they have a much higher success rate so will probably give it a go. I'm looking forward to so many elements of the holiday but particularly the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum - good time to go 50 years after Apollo 11. Of course to see the Statue of Liberty will be amazing - never thought that I'd see it other than on the TV.

Vickie - is anyone else travelling from Norwich Airport?

Joe

Hello Tony/Joe and Yvonne Lynn

I was in Canada in May and went on the whale watching trip and saw nothing at all. So I will be doing the WW on this trip.  I’ve done this similar tour with TS 2 years ago so I won’t be repeating some of the optional excursions.  What I am doing is the Georgetown cruise and the penitentiary tour.  These 2 were not an option for me before.  I am going to the world trade centre to take a trip to the top.  Yes Joe I too fancy doing the space museum too.  I went to the natural history museum last time just up the road. I will be travelling from South Wales on the 10th and staying over on the Bath Road.  Anyone else from Wales on this trip? Looking forward to meeting you all.

Gill

Texasnavajo
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Joe,

Just the one person flying from Norwich 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Thanks Vickie - this is the first time that I have done a two stage tour with Just You and was wondering how the system works. Once I have checked in at Norwich and dropped off my case there is it correct that I won't have to worry about it again until we reclaim baggage in the US i.e. it will automatically be transferred to the Schiphol plane. Also I gather that at Norwich Airport I should be issued with 2 boarding passes - one to get me on the flight from Norwich and another for the flight from Schiphol.  Is that correct?

Many thanks

Joe

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Joe,

Yep, that's correct for both queries 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

Mike A
(Member)
Sharon is GREAT! She did the Florida trip in Nov 17 and I saw her , unexpectedly, in London this February! You'll be in good hands.
benaigen
(Member)
What does moderation mean when you write something on here?? Are you not allowed to write more than ten words??
Vickie
(Member)
Hi Benaigen,

Welcome to the forum 🙂 Moderation simply means that the posts are approved before they appear - so there will be a slight delay before it appears. You will get a notification email when your post is approved and when people reply to it.

You can write as many words as you like, happy posting! 😃

Many thanks,

Vickie

benaigen
(Member)
Hi Everyone,

I am going on the Great Eastern Holiday to the USA on the 13th of September, As I've travelled with "Just You" on many occasions, I often find that there is someone who lives fairly close to me.

What I would like to ask is....... Is there anyone travelling up from the South West of England to go on this holiday??

I live in Plymouth so if there is anyone from Devon or Cornwall who is going, then please get in touch as we might be able to travel together either by train, bus or car.

Hopefully I'll hear from someone.

Ian Wink