Heddon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I haven't travelled with JY before but will be booking some holidays for 2019.  I've been looking through the brochure and on line of course and reading all the reviews, really useful.

As I assume JY staff are now working on the schedule for 2020 I thought I would comment on some holidays that I would have liked to see in the brochure, but which aren't there. Would be interested to hear if anyone else agrees.

Tanzania (Ngorongoro, Serengeti); Botswana (Okavango, Chobe, Vic Falls); Argentina/Patagonia - this year Norwegian have started a direct flight from Gatwick to Buenos Aires which has made costs on that route more competitive. Would be great to have a few days in Buenos Aires followed by a tour of Argentinian Patagonia. The three national parks such as Torres del Paine are supposed to be absolutely fantastic with walking opportunities and boat trips on the Beagle channel.

Would also like more spring and autumn UK walking breaks. I have never been to the very north of Scotland or the Scottish islands such as Hebrides, Orkney or Shetland so walks there would be good. I don't mean mountain climbing, just normal walking mixed in with a bit of sightseeing.

I saw on another thread that someone suggested city breaks in Europe with included walking tours, which sounds like a good idea.