Julia B
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello,

My husband passed away earlier this year, he was only 53, and I miss him a lot.  However, I hope he will very proud of me for going outside my comfort zone and taking the plunge to book my first solo holiday abroad.

I didn't know where to start, so searched for "holidays for solo travellers" on the internet.  Just You came up on my internet search and the holidays looked really interesting and well organised.

I spoke to Gill, the Customer Services Advisor at Just You, who was really helpful and told her of my concerns and worries about going away on holiday on my own.  I felt re-assured after chatting to her and decided to book a holiday to Thailand next year.

I have just booked the Land of Smiles 14 day tour, commencing on 20 January 2019 and am feeling excited, but also a bit apprehensive. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and it would be lovely to hear from anyone who has been on this tour before, or has booked this tour for 2018/2019.

Many thanks in advance,

Julia

UserPostedImage

Matt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

Congratulations on 'taking the plunge'. You will have a fantastic time in Thailand, it is a wonderful country, amazing people and one of my favourite destinations.  I am sure many of the Community users will agree.

If there is anything that the team here at Just You HQ can do for you please do let us know. 

Have a great weekend

Matt

Julia B
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Matt' wrote:

Hi Julia

Congratulations on 'taking the plunge'. You will have a fantastic time in Thailand, it is a wonderful country, amazing people and one of my favourite destinations.  I am sure many of the Community users will agree.

If there is anything that the team here at Just You HQ can do for you please do let us know. 

Have a great weekend

Matt

Many thanks Matt,

I'm really looking forward to visiting Thailand next year, and will contact your team if I have any queries.

Kind regards,

Julia

Reyc1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia B' wrote:

Hello,

My husband passed away earlier this year, he was only 53, and I miss him a lot.  However, I hope he will very proud of me for going outside my comfort zone and taking the plunge to book my first solo holiday abroad.

I didn't know where to start, so searched for "holidays for solo travellers" on the internet.  Just You came up on my internet search and the holidays looked really interesting and well organised.

I spoke to Gill, the Customer Services Advisor at Just You, who was really helpful and told her of my concerns and worries about going away on holiday on my own.  I felt re-assured after chatting to her and decided to book a holiday to Thailand next year.

I have just booked the Land of Smiles 14 day tour, commencing on 20 January 2019 and am feeling excited, but also a bit apprehensive. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and it would be lovely to hear from anyone who has been on this tour before, or has booked this tour for 2018/2019.

Many thanks in advance,

Julia

UserPostedImage

Hello Julia

I have booked this tour but I am going in February, this is my first trip with JY and the first holiday in a long time on my own  I am also feeling excited and apprehensive but the comments on this site are always helpful.  I hope you have a wonderful time and it would be nice if you could post a review on your return.  Kind regards Christine

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Julia

Well done for taking the plunge. The first step is always hard but then it gets easier. I am sure you will have a fantastic time in Thailand and will make many happy memories.

Best wishes

Jaya