Jenny_D
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone,

I have been on a couple of JY trips now and I'm thinking of my next one. I can only do long haul trips in August as I'm a teacher and I was thinking about China. Having read a few things about the weather in August in China, I'm starting to wonder if I should consider this trip. A lot of forums online suggest it's unbearable in August and so I was wondering if anyone had done this trip in August and what their experiences were?

I appreciate no experience will ever be the same but a rough idea would be really helpful. Was it too hot too cope with or too rainy? I did the East USA trip last year in August and temperatures got up to 33C but I coped with that (with lots of water!!)

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Jenny

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jenny,

I suggest you google the places you'll be staying in with the words "climate guide" to see the range of expected temperatures - there are lots of different sites that give monthly averages including humidity and UV rating such as weather-and-climate.com.   I would expect it to be hot and humid!  I was there in early September and it was warm and dry in Beijing, warm and wet in Xian, hot and very humid in Chengdu and hot in Shanghai.

All the best,

Bob