molls
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I would love to contact anyone going to Borneo in September. I have to spend the night before departure in a hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions please. Many Thanks
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'molls' wrote:

Hi, I would love to contact anyone going to Borneo in September. I have to spend the night before departure in a hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions please. Many Thanks

Hi,

I have done this fantastic trip, so enjoy. If you are flying from Terminal 4 at Heathrow, I can highly recommend the Premier Inn there as you can just take the walkway to the terminal.

Cheers,

Hils

TONYPLATT1
(Member)
'molls' wrote:

Hi molls, I am also booked for Borneo on the Sep 20th departure.

There are several hotels close to heathrow ranging from The Hilton (terminal 4) down to the more basic Heathrow Lodge from £38 pound per night.

If you use one outside of walking distance then check out the National Express Hoppa buses that run between the airport and a number of nearby hotels.

I will be trvelling down on the day from Stoke, quite a distance.

SharonT
(Member)
I’m on the 20 September departure too, and have booked the Hilton at T5 for the night before and parking my car while away. Haven’t stayed there before, but it’s only for one night so am not too bothered as long as I can sleep! Will need to catch the Hoppa bus to T4, but have used this lots of times before. I’m starting to really look forward to the trip as it’s a new part of the world for me, I look forward to meeting you - are you doing the Singapore add-on as well?
jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Hils' wrote:

'molls' wrote:

Hi,

I have done this fantastic trip, so enjoy. If you are flying from Terminal 4 at Heathrow, I can highly recommend the Premier Inn there as you can just take the walkway to the terminal.

Cheers,

Hils

I would also recommend the PI at T4, for the same reason.

This and the PI at T5 are my favourite Heathrow hotels (and Gatwick!) - in general I now always try to stay in the one at T4 as it is generally less crowded and often cheaper, and one can get to the other terminals at least as quickly as (and more cheaply than:-) with the Hoppa bus, using the free local bus or free Heathrow Express connection.

You will enjoy Borneo: this is a wonderful holiday and one of my all-time favourites!

Jim

molls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'TONYPLATT1' wrote:

'molls' wrote:

Hi molls, I am also booked for Borneo on the Sep 20th departure.

There are several hotels close to heathrow ranging from The Hilton (terminal 4) down to the more basic Heathrow Lodge from £38 pound per night.

If you use one outside of walking distance then check out the National Express Hoppa buses that run between the airport and a number of nearby hotels.

I will be trvelling down on the day from Stoke, quite a distance.

Hi Tony, I'm most probably going to try Premier Inn as suggested by other people. I'm probably travelling by bus from Bolton/Manchester. Looking forward to meeting new people.

molls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SharonT' wrote:

I’m on the 20 September departure too, and have booked the Hilton at T5 for the night before and parking my car while away. Haven’t stayed there before, but it’s only for one night so am not too bothered as long as I can sleep! Will need to catch the Hoppa bus to T4, but have used this lots of times before. I’m starting to really look forward to the trip as it’s a new part of the world for me, I look forward to meeting you - are you doing the Singapore add-on as well?

hi Sharon,. I'm not doing Singapore as I spent  Christmas 2015 there with my son and his girlfriend. Kranji War Memorial is well worth a visit.Don't ask me for instructions on how to get there as he whizzed me there on local buses and trains.I'm looking forward to meeting you as well.

molls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you everyone for your messages and suggestions.
Clarebut
(Member)
'molls' wrote:

Hiya, I am on this trip, my first with just you, and I have booked in the premier Inn T4 the night before.

molls
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Clarebut' wrote:

'molls' wrote:

Hiya, I am on this trip, my first with just you, and I have booked in the premier Inn T4 the night before.

I have as well. Hope to meet you there along with anyone else who has booked in there.

Clarebut
(Member)
'molls' wrote:

'Clarebut' wrote:

'molls' wrote:

I have as well. Hope to meet you there along with anyone else who has booked in there.

DebbieJT
(Member)
Anyone doing Borneo in October????...really looking forward to it
Linda99
(Member)
'DebbieJT' wrote:

I'm on the 18th October trip. Is that the one you are on?

DebbieJT
(Member)
'Linda99' wrote:

'DebbieJT' wrote:

Yes that is the one I am on, you too?

Linda99
(Member)
'DebbieJT' wrote:

'Linda99' wrote:

'DebbieJT' wrote:

Yes that is the one I am on, you too?

Yes but I am actually flying to Kuala Lumpur on 13th October so I have some chill out days there first. Have been to Singapore before so not doing the add on but wanted a longer holiday. I have sorted my own hotels there and will meet up group at KL airport on the morning of 19th to fly on to Borneo ?. Will be my first just-you trip. What about you?