Kathleen Asquith
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going on the Portugal Douro River Cruise on 16 July. 

Can anyone tell me how many have booked and who the Tour Leader is please?

If anyone has been on this holiday, any useful tips would be gratefully received

Many thanks

:huh:

Matt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kathleen

Your Tour Manager is Filomena Lima and she will meet you in Portugal, there are 19 people booked on the tour.

I hope you have a great time.

Kind regards

Matt

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Kathleen,

I am on the 26th July trip and can't wait, 4 weeks and 3 days and counting. If you can, please write a review before then so I know what we have coming.

Have a great time,

Jan

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello, Kathleen and Jan.

I did the 6-day cruise last October and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Croisi Europ line whose ships run this holiday is extremely good - I had been on the Strasbourg to Budapest cruise earlier in the year which is why I decided to do the October holiday.

I didn't write a review after I got back but I did post a message to stress the importance of taking an up-to-date European Health Card with you (anyone going abroad, in fact). Two members of our group had to go to hospital - the one without an EHIC had to pay about 200 euros for a fairly minor check-up and pain killers while the one who had her card only had to pay a small amount to cover her prescription even though she had had an extensive coronary examination. A propos of this, do remember to take sensible shoes and watch where you put your feet when going ashore - the ships often have to dock side by side so that passengers from one boat walk over gangways from one to another until they reach dry land. That is how one of our group hurt herself, busy talking and tripped on one of the gangways. So do concentrate when going ashore, even if you don't have to go through the other ships there are still ridges, gaps and other hazards to be navigated.

Have a lovely holiday, both of you,

Ann

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you Ann. I do remember your trip last year and the EHICs. Mine is until 2020, not sure what happens after Brexit. We had to cross through boats in Prague to get to our River Vltava lunch cruise back in February- that was fun :rolleyes: 

Jan