Malc 1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, i have just booked my first J Y holiday to Costa de la Luz for 2nd October, are there anyone going on this maybe who wants to chat ? i am on the 8am Manchester fllight to faro, would be nice to chat or even meet before is possiable ? Thanks Malc. look forward to hearing from you !
intrepid traveller
(Member)
'Malc 1' wrote:

Hi, i have just booked my first J Y holiday to Costa de la Luz for 2nd October, are there anyone going on this maybe who wants to chat ? i am on the 8am Manchester fllight to faro, would be nice to chat or even meet before is possiable ? Thanks Malc. look forward to hearing from you !

Have enjoyed this holiday and recommend it.  Be sure to walk round the lake at the Columbus experience!  Great hotel, great food, great weather, great Tour Manager, great fellow travellers.  Town close enough to visit on foot. Lovely.  Enjoy.

Bosuncat
(Member)
Hi Malc.  

I'm somewhat late on finding this.  Apologies.  

I'm on the 2nd October departure, flying from Birmingham.  It will be my second visit to the hotel, I was last there 4 years ago.  So if you need to know anything please let me know and I will try and answer.  Vickie has answered a few questions of mine already on Ask your Editor.  

I look forward to meeting you.   🙂

Malc 1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Malc.  

I'm on the 2nd October departure, flying from Birmingham.  It will be my second visit to the hotel, I was last there 4 years ago.  So if you need to know anything please let me know and I will try and answer.  Vickie has answered a few questions of mine already on Ask your Editor.  

I look forward to meeting you.   :)

Hi , Thanks for reply, yours is the only one so far, i booked my first singles trip to Agdir for june with another company only it was canceled two weeks before due to go so not a good start, not sure what to expect on this singles trip due to first time , going and arriving at airport is a concern and being on a flight and not noing anyone so if you can help ? thanks and shall also look forward to meeting a friendy face, Malc.

Malc 1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Malc.  

Hi , Thanks for your reply, i booked my first singels trip with another company and it was cancelled two weeks before due to go so not a good start, my concern is arriving at airport on my own and being on the flight not noing anyone so if you can help me ? look forward to meeting a friendly face, Malc.

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Malc 1' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Malc.  

Hi , Thanks for your reply, i booked my first singels trip with another company and it was cancelled two weeks before due to go so not a good start, my concern is arriving at airport on my own and being on the flight not noing anyone so if you can help me ? look forward to meeting a friendly face, Malc.

Hi Malc.  I'm flying from Birmingham, but looking at the arrival times into Faro, I think your flight gets in about the same time as the Birmingham one.  Don't worry about nobody being in contact, not everyone uses the community forum.  

You should find that you will have a JY rep at Manchester airport to help you.  You will have JY luggage labels in your final package so keep an eye out for them in departures.  It doesn't always mean that you will run into anyone on the trip before the flight, but certainly when you arrive in Faro and collect your luggage there will be a rep (not sure if it will be the TM or not), in the arrivals hall.  Faro isn't a difficult airport to find your way round.  Once you have found the rep/TM in the arrivals hall there will bee other travellers there so you can start to make friends.  The transfer to the hotel takes about 90 minutes if I remember rightly, and most probably we will go directly into lunch from getting off the coach.  I imagine that there will be other travellers coming in from Manchester so you won't be on your own.  

:)

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Malc 1' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Malc.  

Following on from my reply to Malc.  

Vickie.  I don't know if you are still allowed to do this, but I am happy for Malc to have my email so that we can chat, and I can try and help him with any concerns pre holiday.  Communicating on the forum (with no disrespect) can be a little disjointed.  Is that still okay?

Malc 1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Malc 1' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi Malc.  

Hi Malc.  I'm flying from Birmingham, but looking at the arrival times into Faro, I think your flight gets in about the same time as the Birmingham one.  Don't worry about nobody being in contact, not everyone uses the community forum.  

You should find that you will have a JY rep at Manchester airport to help you.  You will have JY luggage labels in your final package so keep an eye out for them in departures.  It doesn't always mean that you will run into anyone on the trip before the flight, but certainly when you arrive in Faro and collect your luggage there will be a rep (not sure if it will be the TM or not), in the arrivals hall.  Faro isn't a difficult airport to find your way round.  Once you have found the rep/TM in the arrivals hall there will bee other travellers there so you can start to make friends.  The transfer to the hotel takes about 90 minutes if I remember rightly, and most probably we will go directly into lunch from getting off the coach.  I imagine that there will be other travellers coming in from Manchester so you won't be on your own.  

:)

Hi ,thanks for reply hope to meet you on the day !

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

That's no problem at all, I will send your email address to Malc so he can contact you direct.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

That's no problem at all, I will send your email address to Malc so he can contact you direct.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Thanks Vickie.

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

Have a good and relaxing holiday.

Best Wishes

Di

Bosuncat
(Member)