Reyc1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone, I am blooked on the Thailand trip in February, I've not flown for a long time so would appreciate a little help at the Airport please, 

Do I check myself in online

Do I weigh my own luggage

Can I pick my own seat or do JY put people together on long haul flights

Kind Regards

Christine

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hopefully Vickie will answer in more depth

This is what usually happens

I have done many tours but have never been able to book in online, JY do a group booking that’s the reason why, some people who upgrade on a flight can book in online..

Yes you have to put your luggage on the scales to be weighed, just make sure your not over the limited for that tour as it can be expensive to pay of excess baggage.

Your seat will be allocated so no you cannot pick a specific seat...I usually ask when I book for a aisle seat, or when I get to check in, sometimes it works other times it doesn’t.

Have a great tour and leave a review when you get back..

Cindy

sallyc
(Member)
The below should lead you to a thread I wrote a while back called ‘at the airport’ which should answer your queries. If it doesn’t work or you have more questions feel free to ask.

https://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-56965.html 

Donna1
(Member)
'Reyc1' wrote:

Hi everyone, I am blooked on the Thailand trip in February, I've not flown for a long time so would appreciate a little help at the Airport please, 

Do I check myself in online

Do I weigh my own luggage

Can I pick my own seat or do JY put people together on long haul flights

Kind Regards

Christine

Hi Christine,

From my experience:

online check in depends on your ticket sometimes you can check in online and sometimes you can't you will need to check with JY about your particular ticket/trip.

luggage is weighed by the staff at the airport at either check in or baggage drop if you've checked in online, there will be a JY rep at the airport to help you.

if you are able to check in online you may be able to pick your seat but will be limited choice unless you pay the airline ahead of time which i did last time (Virgin was £30 each way to do this).  You are not always seated with other JY travellers but sometimes you end up together or close by it varies.

I hope this helps?

Donna

Reyc1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you everyone for your help, I will definitely post a review on my return kind regards
Donna1
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

I have done many tours but have never been able to book in online, JY do a group booking that’s the reason why, some people who upgrade on a flight can book in online..

Yes you have to put your luggage on the scales to be weighed, just make sure your not over the limited for that tour as it can be expensive to pay of excess baggage.

Your seat will be allocated so no you cannot pick a specific seat...I usually ask when I book for a aisle seat, or when I get to check in, sometimes it works other times it doesn’t.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

it's always worth checking about the online check in.  I've done 3 holidays with JY, 2 i could check in online 1 i couldn't although others in my group did.  The 2 i could check in online for was the Arizona ranch holiday (yes i loved it that much i went twice), the 1 i couldn't but others did was to NYC.  I asked on this forum and they were able to give me the answer as to whether i would be able to check in online or not.  For my recent Arizona one I paid an additional £30 each way to pick my seat ahead ofthe 24 hour online check in, i could have also upgraded to extra leg room if i wanted to but choose not to as was £80 each way (not bad really).  I could have done this when i previously went to Arizona but chose to do the 24 hour online check in instead.  Each time it was a different airlne BA and Virgin, i can't answer for when other airlines are used.

I prefer aisle seats also as i like to get up and wonder and do not want to have to keep disturbing people.  So it's always worth asking...

Donna

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Christine,

Sorry for the delay, here's the answers:

Do I check myself in online - No, as this is a group booking you'll need to check-in at the airport on the day.

Do I weigh my own luggage – You will need to make sure your luggage weight does not exceed airline baggage allowance which is 30kgs, before you get to the airport. The luggage will then be weighed by staff at the airport and a JY rep will be there to help with this if needed.

Can I pick my own seat or do JY put people together on long haul flights – we can pre seat you in advance if you have any seat preference and we normally pre-seat groups a few days before departure.

Thanks,

Vickie

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Donna1' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

it's always worth checking about the online check in.  I've done 3 holidays with JY, 2 i could check in online 1 i couldn't although others in my group did.  The 2 i could check in online for was the Arizona ranch holiday (yes i loved it that much i went twice), the 1 i couldn't but others did was to NYC.  I asked on this forum and they were able to give me the answer as to whether i would be able to check in online or not.  For my recent Arizona one I paid an additional £30 each way to pick my seat ahead ofthe 24 hour online check in, i could have also upgraded to extra leg room if i wanted to but choose not to as was £80 each way (not bad really).  I could have done this when i previously went to Arizona but chose to do the 24 hour online check in instead.  Each time it was a different airlne BA and Virgin, i can't answer for when other airlines are used.

I prefer aisle seats also as i like to get up and wonder and do not want to have to keep disturbing people.  So it's always worth asking...

Donna

Donna

I always check and none off my 11 or so tours has been available to pre check in online etc...

The only people I know that have been able to on the type of tour I do have been the ones that have upgraded their seat to premium etc.. all my flights have been with named carriers and not any of the cheaper flight groups shall we say...

The explanation I have always been given is “JY BULK BOOK THE SEATS” and we have to sit were they have been booked..as stated I have sometimes worked my magic standing at the booking in desk at airport to get things changed...if I have not been given a aisle seat. I would willingly pay a few more quid to get a aisle seat, I have never been given that option.

Cindy

Donna1
(Member)
https://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-86419.html?highlight=check+in 

'nixon' wrote:

'Donna1' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Donna

Donna

I always check and none off my 11 or so tours has been available to pre check in online etc...

The only people I know that have been able to on the type of tour I do have been the ones that have upgraded their seat to premium etc.. all my flights have been with named carriers and not any of the cheaper flight groups shall we say...

The explanation I have always been given is “JY BULK BOOK THE SEATS” and we have to sit were they have been booked..as stated I have sometimes worked my magic standing at the booking in desk at airport to get things changed...if I have not been given a aisle seat. I would willingly pay a few more quid to get a aisle seat, I have never been given that option.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

I would always ask in the future, please see where i asked on my last trip (i hope the link works, if not search 'check in' on the ask the editor page it's not just me who's asked in the past).

sometimes the answer is no, but sometimes it is a yes so i'd definitely ask.  It can also vary for the people on the trip, as i mentioned when i went to NYC i couldn't do it but one of our team did like i did recently and paid himself with the airline to get an exit seat with extra leg room.  Another did the 24 hour free online check in on the way out but we all checked in together on the way home and sat together.

Donna

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I too like an Aisle seat - only because I suffer from cramps after the chemo treatment. Before treatment I was not too fussed as to which seat I got. Majority of the time, when I have arrived at the airport, I find I have not got an Aisle seat despite requesting it. Sometimes I have been luckyat check-in when the allocated seat has been changed to an Aisle seat. Apparently nowadays most people want Aisle seats and hence some airlines have started charging for them. This was not the case years ago.

Regards

Jaya

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Donna,

With Breathtaking New Zealand last November, I had no choice of seat and unlike Cindy, I love the window seat. I wrote an email to Singapore Airlines and all four flights had a window seat for me.

Oh by the way JY, I am booked with Tap for the Douro River Cruise on July 26th. Can I have a window seat please? My sister who is coming too does not like the window seat 😉 

Jan