First50
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am a newbie in just you forums. I want to book a trip to Dubai for April 10th 2018, just wondering if anybody has done this trip before and could share tips and how it went. Thaks
Moderator2
(Member)
Hi First50,

I can tell you that 20 travelers have booked on this tour. 6 are male and 14 are female. The ages range between late 30s - late 70s.

Kind Regards,

Amy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi if you scroll down through the Reviews section, you will find a couple of reviews.  This is a trip I have my eye on!

Cheers,

Bob

intrepid traveller
(Member)
Hi. I sent this once and it disappeared so if you hear from me twice - sorry!

I did the Dubai trip a couple of years ago so things may have changed. But, we arrived in the morning after a night flight so needed local currency to buy lunch. Supermarket is a little way along on the opposite side of the road to the hotel. Eateries near the hotel a bit few and far between but most of the group used the hotel restaurant which was very good.

You MUSTgo up the tallest building, you MUST try delicious camels milk ice cream.

If you are going to the Mosque then you will have to cover up from chin to toes. No see through sleeves. Don’t worry too much our tour Manager had a sack full of appropriate ‘dressing up’ clothes!

Really interesting and enlightening tour. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

First50
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'intrepid traveller' wrote:

Hi.  I sent this once and it disappeared so if you hear from me twice - sorry!  

I did the Dubai trip a couple of years ago so things may have changed.  But, we arrived in the morning after a night flight so needed local currency to buy lunch.  Supermarket is a little way along on the opposite side of the road to the hotel.  Eateries near the hotel a bit few and far between but most of the group used the hotel restaurant which was very good.

You MUSTgo up the tallest building,  you MUST try delicious camels milk ice cream.

If you are going to the Mosque then you will have to cover up from chin to toes.  No see through sleeves.  Don’t worry too much our tour Manager had a sack full of appropriate ‘dressing up’ clothes!  

Really interesting and enlightening tour.   Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Thank you so much, I think I will book this trip, I have always wanted to see Dubai and I will keep your tips in mind

Cheers

First50
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi First50,

I can tell you that 20 travelers have booked on this tour. 6 are male and 14 are female. The ages range between late 30s - late 70s.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Thank you so much. I will book this trip to Dubai as soon as possible 

Regards

First50
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi if you scroll down through the Reviews section, you will find a couple of reviews.  This is a trip I have my eye on!

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks Bob, I have seen the reviews of Dubai and I like what they say , I will definitely book this tour for April 10th. It will be my first solo trip and I am a bit anxious but I will take a plunge and see what happens

Lydia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lydia,

I think the itinerary has been tweaked a bit over the last year or two - a few less souks and now a different hotel.  Each tour manager does things in their own way as well, based on the experience of previous tours, their own knowledge and the advice of the local guide.  I may get a chance to do it early next year, not sure yet.

Please write an in-depth review on your return, it could just persuade me that I need to do this tour!!

Have a brilliant time, I have done 17 tours with JY and have enjoyed them all.

Bob