Annej
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just to say " hi" to anyone else booked on this trip . I've just booked my train tickets for the day before , just in case there is a delay on Virgin trains, could you imagine sat on the train , not moving knowing you had a plane to catch !! Now to book my hotel near Terminal 2 .

I'd love to chat to anyone else going on the same trip .

Anne  😉

Janhirst
(Member)
Hi, I am thinking of going to China September 2018 but I am not sure that the airline

Air China is that great. Reviews are not good.

What do you think?

Caroline K
(Member)
'Annej' wrote:

Just to say " hi" to anyone else booked on this trip . I've just booked my train tickets for the day before , just in case there is a delay on Virgin trains, could you imagine sat on the train , not moving knowing you had a plane to catch !! Now to book my hotel near Terminal 2 .

Anne  ;)

Hi Anne

I'm also booked on the April China trip, beginning to get excited now.  Its my first trip with JY so am a little nervous about travelling on my own,  would be good to get any tips.

Caroline

Annej
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Caroline K' wrote:

'Annej' wrote:

Anne  ;)

Hi Anne

I'm also booked on the April China trip, beginning to get excited now.  Its my first trip with JY so am a little nervous about travelling on my own,  would be good to get any tips.

Caroline

Hi Caroline 

I'm glad someone else is going !! It's my first trip with JY as well , it would be good to chat to you , is there anyway we can communicate not on here ?

Anne

Annej
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Janhirst' wrote:

Hi, I am thinking of going to China September 2018 but I am not sure that the airline

Air China is that great. Reviews are not good.

What do you think?

Hi , I read the reviews on Air China as well and did wonder what it will be like , but I guess it's only a few !! hours. I've added on Hongkong , so luckily fly home Cathay Pacific. 

They have run this trip before , so if the airline was ' that bad" surely they would choose another one ?? 

Anyway it's too late for me as I'm going !! Might take my own food on board

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Annej,

If Caroline is fine to share her email address with you, can I ask that she gives permission on the thread so that I can send her email address to you in a private email.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Annej
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Annej,

If Caroline is fine to share her email address with you, can I ask that she gives permission on the thread so that I can send her email address to you in a private email.

Kind Regards,

Amy

That would be great Amy , thanks

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Annej,

I will just need to wait until Caroline gives me permission to send her email address to you (by stating her permission on this thread) and then I can exchange your contact details.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

This was my first trip with JY in 2010. The flights were fine and I have had worse experiences with UK budget airlines. Food was edible and seats were reasonably comfortable.

I really enjoyed this holiday albeit that itinerary has changed.

Hope this helps and that you have a great holiday.

Lesley

SarahS
(Member)
I did this trip in 2013. The flights withAir China were fine. Food was reasonable, and cabin staff, although some were lacking in English were all pleasant and helpful. I personally would rate better than many I have suffered with BA. This is a great trip, have a wonderful time.
Annej
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley07' wrote:

Hi

This was my first trip with JY in 2010. The flights were fine and I have had worse experiences with UK budget airlines. Food was edible and seats were reasonably comfortable.

I really enjoyed this holiday albeit that itinerary has changed.

Hope this helps and that you have a great holiday.

Lesley

Thanks Lesley that's good to know . Is there anything you would recommend taking , that we might not think of ?? 

I'm sure we'll have a great holiday 

Anne

Caroline K
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Annej,

I will just need to wait until Caroline gives me permission to send her email address to you (by stating her permission on this thread) and then I can exchange your contact details.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Hi Amy,  I'm happy for you to share my email address with AnneJ. 

Caroline

Caroline K
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Annej,

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Hi Anne

I happy for you to contact me by email.  I would be grateful if the Moderator could forward my details.

Caroline

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Caroline,

I have forwarded your email address on to Anne in a private email.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Heady
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I have just booked this trip for April 2018. It is my second trip with JY. Really excited. I too, have booked the add on to Hong Kong. My first holiday, was brilliant, really looked after everyone, especially the newbies. So don't worry. Can't wait to meet everyone.
Morty
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yet another Anne! Hi to everyone going on this trip. It's  my first solo trip so I'm looking forward to meeting you all, even though I'm a little apprehensive. 

Anne