melanipick
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have heard that Iceland is mega expensive. Can anyone who has been on the trip suggest how much one should budget for meals etc?
katy1717
(Member)
My experience, everything in Iceland was eye-watering expensive.

I haven't done the JY Iceland trip, but I went on a 10 day trip round Iceland with another company last May.  I think JY include some evening meals and all breakfasts?  My trip we were fortunate all the evening meals were included, tho' not drinks, so we all made sure we were in the hotel bars in the Happy Hours - when the drinks were merely very expensive, rather than outrageous.  I do remember arguing in one hotel with bar staff who measured the wine out, using a very meagre measuring cup - yes, it really was that bad.  Lunches, as we went round the Island stopping for a quick meal, I think it was about £15 for a sandwich and coffee.   I think Iceland is the only place I have come back from without buying any souvenirs, or anything at all - it all felt such a complete rip off.

Should say I'm glad I went there, I did enjoy the experience, with a good group, but wont be returning.   

Katy

DavidG
(Member)
Yes, it is expensive, but you are not there that long. Go for it. An experience not to be missed, different to anything else you have seen!
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would love to go to Iceland one of these days, but can't believe how expensive it is - £15 just for a sandwich and coffee?! Must be the most expensive place on this planet, but I guess worth going once for the beautiful scenery and clean air.

Best wishes

Jaya