Paladin
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Can anyone who has done this holiday recommend how much I'll need for this holiday including the few days in Singapore?

Thanks in advance.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
To be honest when I went I took a lot of money in cash as well as debit and credit card, as we were told we had to pay for extra optional flights in cash, although I did, I think we could actually pay on a card. It’s a long tour and you will have to factor in many lunches and dinners and coffee stops etc. So work out that per day the amount you would send here and times it by the days away, then there will be gifts and treats, and when I went the rep sourced two extra optional extra trips one to a few winery’s and the other a artic experience which all added up.

I know there is a lady called Jan on this tour at the moment so perhaps ask her when she gets back as she will have the most uptodate information...it’s a great tour.

Cindy

Cindy

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Palladin,

I am Jan who has just come back from Singapore and New Zealand. I took £1,000 split into $350 Singapore dollars and $1450 NZ dollars, working on $100 a day for meals , gifts and tips etc. The flights when we could take them were $425 for the flight around Mount Cook and the Glaciers. The others were cancelled due to weather. Some paid $399 to fly back from Milford Sound instead of the 4 hour drive. These 2 could be paid by credit card. I paid cash for the Star Gazing as I was told originally that it was the same night as the Walter Peak cruise when it was before Milford Sound- a late night but well worth it. You also have to work in your tips for TM and driver to be added at the end.

I came home with $60 Singapore and 15NZ. Do not forget, you stop for 6 hours in Singapore on the way home so spend there at Changi Airport.

Hope this helps

Jan