firedance21c
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm Elaine and I am really disappointed.  I have been dragging my feet and feeling too nervous to book this trip in February. Took a deep breath and decided the other day to bite the bullet and go for it.  Oh woe is me - it was sold out!  So, here we go again.  Is there anyone out there who is also considering this holiday in October?  It would be easier to go ahead if I could speak to someone else who is nervously pacing backwards and forwards trying to pluck up the courage to book!
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elaine, the Central America tour looks wonderful and I'd love to do it in a couple of years.  Unfortunately I can't go next October but I do hope you take the plunge and book it.  As I'm sure you know, most JY customers don't use the forum so you may not get a response - it is also almost a year away so I'd hazard a guess that bookings are low on this date at present as many people tend to book nearer the date.  I've done JY's Costa Rica and Nicaragua tour and also was in Guatemala as part of another JY tour and absolutely loved Central America, which is why I'm very keen to do this tour.  If you do book, please do write a review when you get back!

All the best,

Bob

firedance21c
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Elaine, the Central America tour looks wonderful and I'd love to do it in a couple of years.  Unfortunately I can't go next October but I do hope you take the plunge and book it.  As I'm sure you know, most JY customers don't use the forum so you may not get a response - it is also almost a year away so I'd hazard a guess that bookings are low on this date at present as many people tend to book nearer the date.  I've done JY's Costa Rica and Nicaragua tour and also was in Guatemala as part of another JY tour and absolutely loved Central America, which is why I'm very keen to do this tour.  If you do book, please do write a review when you get back!

All the best,

Bob

Thanks for your response Bob.  I will be booking this tour.  It looks wonderful.  At least I will have plenty of time to get used to the idea!! 

Elaine

firedance21c
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for your response Bob.  I will be booking this tour. It looks wonderful.  At least I will have plenty of time to get used to the idea!!

Elaine.

Gwend
  • (Member)
(Member)
'firedance21c' wrote:

Hi, I'm Elaine and I am really disappointed.  I have been dragging my feet and feeling too nervous to book this trip in February. Took a deep breath and decided the other day to bite the bullet and go for it.  Oh woe is me - it was sold out!  So, here we go again.  Is there anyone out there who is also considering this holiday in October?  It would be easier to go ahead if I could speak to someone else who is nervously pacing backwards and forwards trying to pluck up the courage to book!

Don’t do it worst trip I have ever been on with just you,it needs to be re organised ,

Did not see the best of the countries and went places that we did not need to see.

Very disappointed as was looking forward to this trip

You

Moderator2
(Member)
'Gwend' wrote:

'firedance21c' wrote:

Don’t do it worst trip I have ever been on with just you,it needs to be re organised ,

Did not see the best of the countries and went places that we did not need to see.

Very disappointed as was looking forward to this trip

You

Good Afternoon Gwend,

I understand that the Head of our Customer Care team is looking into this.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Anjiii
(Member)
I am rather concerned by Gwend comment as I and 16 other people have just paid for the Feb18 trip. Would she comment further and I would then like to know if Just You are going to modify the trip. It is an expensive holiday.
Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Anjii,

We’re sorry that Gwen was disappointed with her holiday. We have spoken to the customer care team and the holiday creator who have advised that this tour is an adventure – it’s not about venturing to the main sights (although there are a few included), it’s about journeying to the lesser visited regions and giving travellers an incredible, authentic experience of central America. The region is very much still developing and despite its outstanding natural beauty it has in places, unique issues and limited resources (such as amenities at hotels).

We know that every Just You customer is different - some like to see the main sights that appear in the media and others like to take a road less travelled. We try to accommodate as many as possible by offering a huge range of holidays and on this particular tour, the holiday creators vision is “to touch the trees, smell the forests, hear the hussle of plaza’s & small towns, and see sights like nowhere else on earth.”

Kindest regards,

Amy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Anjii

I would not worry too much about one person's experience. Everyone is different. I personally like to visit lesser visited regions rather than touristy main sites and given a chance I would not hesitate to book this tour. Like Bob I would love to do this tour though not sure when. Enjoy your experience.

Regards

Jaya

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Anjii

I agree with Jaya. One person's view isn't going to be the same 

as another person's necessarily.

It is yet another tour I would love to do.

Kind regards

Di

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Angii

Whilst I agree to some extent with Jaya and Dina I feel it would be helpful if person who made comment about this holiday could post a review. Like you I would be concerned about paying just short of £5000 for a holiday which may not live up to expectations.

Lesley

SarahS
(Member)
Accurate brochure descriptions are essential,in avoiding disappointment with tour itinarys, as are correct answers to questions raised with JY booking agents. It's very disappointing to ask a question of a booking agent only to be told they have no more information than that contained in the brochure. Many of the long haul destinations do involve lengthy coach journeys. Perhaps this should be flagged up in holiday descriptions. However if in doubt it's quite easy to get answers online. Ultimately a case of "buyer beware" before parting with large sums.
firedance21c
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you to everyone for their various views on this trip. I think I will probably err on the side of caution and wait until the February group returns to see if any positive reviews are posted.
Gwend
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Anjii

I would not worry too much about one person's experience.  Everyone is different.  I personally like to visit lesser visited regions rather than touristy main sites and given a chance I would not hesitate to book this tour.  Like Bob I would love to do this tour though not sure when.  Enjoy your experience.

Regards

Jaya