susanna2694
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, this is my first trip with JY and wondering if anyone else out there is travelling 

on the same date.

I've read other useful tips from previous travellers but haven't heard about what clothing

is most suitable.  I know it will be hot in October and India is more westernised than years

ago but what needs to be covered up?  Are bare arms and legs acceptable?

Thanks Sue.

Jackie-B
(Member)
'susanna2694' wrote:

Hi, this is my first trip with JY and wondering if anyone else out there is travelling 

on the same date.

I've read other useful tips from previous travellers but haven't heard about what clothing

is most suitable.  I know it will be hot in October and India is more westernised than years

ago but what needs to be covered up?  Are bare arms and legs acceptable?

Thanks Sue.

Hi Sue, I am also going to India on the 16th and this is also my first trip with JY and first time travelling alone. I am very excited as well as being quite nervous.

I am not all that sure about clothing but I will be taking a couple of lightweight scarves to cover up in places of worship. That probably hasn't helped you much.

Look forward to meeting you.

Jackie

lesley07
(Member)
Hi.

I did this trip in October 2012. Weather was very warm and sunny. T shirts, either with short sleeves or sleeveless, and cropped or long trousers are fine. Long shorts would also be ok. Smart casual is fine for evenings.

This is a great holiday and remains my favourite of the ten holidays I have done so far.

Hope you too enjoy the experience.

Lesley

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

With regards to clothing - shoulders normally need to be covered, as do knees, so no sleeveless tops or shorts! It's always a good idea to take a scarf/pashmina etc. with you to cover up. Short sleeved shirts/t-shirts and cropped trousers are fine.

Enjoy, this is a fantastic tour and is still No.1 of all the 21 trips I have done with JY!

Cheers,

Hils