Ginty17
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I am new to this, first time on a singles holiday. I am going on the Spirit of India and wondered if anyone else on this trip would like to say Hi. I'm travelling from Glasgow and think I am the only one doing so. Will meet up with you all at Heathrow. I am both excited and nervous. 

If anyone has tips, advice I d be pleased to hear from you. What to wear, how much cash to take, who else is doing extra excursions such as the camel cart and dance show.

Thanks for reading.

Janet

lesley07
(Member)
Hi from a fellow Scot! I did this trip in 2012 and it remains my favourite of all the JY trips I have done. It is a very full on tour and you will be amazed at the sights and sounds of India.

If I remember correctly I took £500 with me. You can not get rupees here so you have to change sterling(Bank of England) notes in hotels. There are ATMs available but they were few and far between. This may have changed! Debit and Credit cards can also be used. I spent more than I had taken with me but I did buy a number of souvenirs!!

I suggest you take cropped trousers and t-shirts or loose dresses for daytime and dressier tops and skirts or trousers for evening.

I hope you have a great holiday and if you have any other questions please ask.

Lesley

DawnGail
(Member)
'Ginty17' wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this, first time on a singles holiday. I am going on the Spirit of India and wondered if anyone else on this trip would like to say Hi. I'm travelling from Glasgow and think I am the only one doing so. Will meet up with you all at Heathrow. I am both excited and nervous. 

If anyone has tips, advice I d be pleased to hear from you. What to wear, how much cash to take, who else is doing extra excursions such as the camel cart and dance show.

Thanks for reading.

Janet

Hi Janet

I am going on the Spirit of India, 30th Oct and this is my first trip as a solo traveller, and I too am a bit nervous but very excited. I have booked the camel cart and think I may also book the dance show. I am taking £500 cash to exchange when there and credit card as back up. I have loose fitting clothes and comfy sandals. Hopefully leave some space in suitcase for souvenirs. Only two weeks to go, can't wait!!!   I'm travelling from the Midlands so I'll see you at Heathrow 🙂

Ginty17
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley07' wrote:

Hi from a fellow Scot! I did this trip in 2012 and it remains my favourite of all the JY trips I have done. It is a very full on tour and you will be amazed at the sights and sounds of India.

If I remember correctly I took £500 with me. You can not get rupees here so you have to change sterling(Bank of England) notes in hotels. There are ATMs available but they were few and far between. This may have changed! Debit and Credit cards can also be used. I spent more than I had taken with me but I did buy a number of souvenirs!!

I suggest you take cropped trousers and t-shirts or loose dresses for daytime and dressier tops and skirts or trousers for evening.

I hope you have a great holiday and if you have any other questions please ask.

Lesley

Hi Lesley, 

Thanks for info and great to hear you loved the trip. It's only one week now and getting nervous. Were you met at Heathrow or do you make your own way to T4? 

I'd be interested in other places you visited. 

Janet

Ginty17
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DawnGail' wrote:

'Ginty17' wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for reading.

Janet

Hi Janet

I am going on the Spirit of India, 30th Oct and this is my first trip as a solo traveller, and I too am a bit nervous but very excited. I have booked the camel cart and think I may also book the dance show. I am taking £500 cash to exchange when there and credit card as back up. I have loose fitting clothes and comfy sandals. Hopefully leave some space in suitcase for souvenirs. Only two weeks to go, can't wait!!!   I'm travelling from the Midlands so I'll see you at Heathrow :)

Hi Dawn, thanks for your reply and info too. Not long to go now! Think I ll need to make sure I get English notes then, they may not accept our Scottish ones!! See you at Heathrow.

lesley07
(Member)
Hi again Janet

You will definitely need to take Bank of England notes. You have to make your own way between terminals at Heathrow. If you go into the Heathrow website you will get information about transfer between terminals. If I remember correctly transfer from Terminal 5 to Terminal 4 is by bus. You will be met at check in by JY rep and probably your Tour Manager.

Have a lovely holiday

Lesley