Taylor1907
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi!!

Can anyone advise on the payment for optional trips in Zambia? Payment in cash which, if I've understood it correctly, means US Dollars, seems to be the way we are advised to do it? Would you take the US Dollars from the UK or is there a more sensible alternative? I wondered about getting them in South Africa but wasn't sure!!

Many thanks

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi my info is probably rather out of date as I did this tour in 2011.  However, I brought US dollars for the Zambia add-on as we had to pay in cash.  Given the security situation in SA, I'd be a bit wary about going to a bank there - certainly don't go alone (this is the advice we were given and it includes going to an ATM).  You may be able to pay for the helicopter trip/microlight by credit card - it would be worth checking this out.  Otherwise you will most likely have to pay in dollars.

Perhaps someone who's been more recently will be able to help better!

This is a fantastic trip, still my favourite and the Vic Falls add-on is the icing on the cake!

Enjoy it all,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

When I did this trip last year, we were able to book Zambia optional excursions via tour manager in South Africa and were able to pay either in either South African Rand or US dollars. The tour manager was not able to take credit card payments.

Regards

Jaya

Taylor1907
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi my info is probably rather out of date as I did this tour in 2011.  However, I brought US dollars for the Zambia add-on as we had to pay in cash.  Given the security situation in SA, I'd be a bit wary about going to a bank there - certainly don't go alone (this is the advice we were given and it includes going to an ATM).  You may be able to pay for the helicopter trip/microlight by credit card - it would be worth checking this out.  Otherwise you will most likely have to pay in dollars.

Perhaps someone who's been more recently will be able to help better!

This is a fantastic trip, still my favourite and the Vic Falls add-on is the icing on the cake!

Enjoy it all,

Bob

Thanks for your help Bob

Taylor1907
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi

When I did this trip last year, we were able to book Zambia optional excursions via tour manager in South Africa and were able to pay either in either South African Rand or US dollars.  The tour manager was not able to take credit card payments.

Regards

Jaya

Thanks Jaya!

Vargo
  • (Member)
(Member)
Why should I choose this particular trip?
SusieB
(Member)
'Vargo' wrote:

Suggest you read about it in the brochure!

Sue

Vargo
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SusieB' wrote:

'Vargo' wrote:

Sue

Sorry, I meant as opposed 

to the other two South African trips...

Dyuti
  • (Member)
(Member)
'EVargo' wrote:

'SusieB' wrote:

'Vargo' wrote:

Sue

Sorry, I meant as opposed 

to the other two South African trips...

Vargo,

It helps to decide where to go and when, after reading the reviews. You could read about this tour from those who went there. I did last October. Absolutely enjoyed it. 

Dyuti