Wildrose
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Is anyone planning on doing the 8th October walking holiday?

This is my first JY venture - just had my 70th birthday.  Apprehensive.

Shall I 'go for it!'

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Wildrose,

I did this walk last year. There should be a review somewhere. Most of the 'older' ladies were all from their local rambling groups and left us youngsters (at the time 59) behind. The only problem that I had was an old injury to my knee which let me down on the slopes or hills. The scenery was spectacular, loved Haworth and Settle, missed Grassington due to knee. Always thought the Settle viaduct was near Settle- not so 😞 

The hotel was gorgeous sitting on the Leeds Skipton Canal. Food was great and the bar cheap. On my missing walk, I had afternoon tea :heart: 

Jan

Rob Crook
(Member)
Just wondering if anyone else on here is doing this on June 17th?

Rob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Wild rose

Of course you should go for it...nothing ventured etc....

Cindy

Rob Crook
(Member)
Cindy

I have signed up for June 18th. Do you know how many people have also signed up?

Rob

jintzky
(Member)
'Rob Crook' wrote:

Cindy

I have signed up for June 18th. Do you know how many people have also signed up?

Rob

I was told 6 men and two women!! Unusual??? I thought it quite expensive for what it was...so having second thoughts....making enquiries re another company....if anyone been what did you think?

jintzky
(Member)
'Rob Crook' wrote:

Cindy

Rob

Rob - I am having a re-think about this holiday.  It is expensive but looks good hotel - the ratio men/women looks good for a change!!

jintzky
(Member)
'jintzky' wrote:

'Rob Crook' wrote:

Cindy

Rob

Rob - I am having a re-think about this holiday.  It is expensive but looks good hotel - the ratio men/women looks good for a change!!

I have booked!! who else going?

Rob Crook
(Member)
I am still going. I haven't heard anything else about numbers or ration though.
Vickie
(Member)
Hi Rob,

There are 11 people booked, 7 men and 4 women. Their ages range from late 40s to early 80s.

Thanks,

Vickie

Rob Crook
(Member)
Just like to say that even though this was a relatively small group, it was a great experience and Min the rep was brilliant.

Rob

jintzky
(Member)
I have done a review of this holiday - check reviews page. All was good!!!