Ms Chris Graville
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi my name is Chris , Im femail , really looking forward to the trip, does anyone going on 8th Oct live near Brighton/Worthing Sussex who would like to share a taxi to heathrow.

Does anyone have ideas on clothing to take, I guess it is going to be cold in Lhasa - maybe wet, is there anything specific one can take out to give to the Tibetans and the children (pictures pencils sweets etc). would love to exchange ideas....

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Ms Chris Graville' wrote:

Hi my name is Chris , Im femail , really looking forward to the trip, does anyone going on 8th Oct live near Brighton/Worthing Sussex who would like to share a taxi to heathrow.

Does anyone have ideas on clothing to take, I guess it is going to be cold in Lhasa - maybe wet, is there anything specific one can take out to give to the Tibetans and the children (pictures pencils sweets etc). would love to exchange ideas....

Hi Chris,

Me again! To be honest we didn't see that many children in Tibet (it's not the sort of holiday where you go to schools etc.) and I definitely wouldn't give them sweets anyway - Tibetans have probably the worse teeth I have ever seen (or lack of them!). Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Hils

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Ms Chris Graville' wrote:

> Does anyone have ideas on clothing to take, I guess it is going to be cold in Lhasa - maybe wet

I was in Lhasa during the last week in October/first week in November 2016, on Travelsphere's very successful version of this holiday (https://www.travelsphere.co.uk/en-gb/tours/tibet-the-search-for-shangri-la/).

Although there were a few clouds, the weather was mostly sunny and bright, with the best weather in Gyantse and during the journey there over the mountain passes (Yamdrok Lake and the reservoir looked really beautiful). Best daytime temperatures were around 10-15 degC, and night time temperatures down to -1 degC in Lhasa and -4 degC in Gyantse (so I was told) - and at no time did we have any rain. We all wore clothing suitable for autumn in the UK, with perhaps an extra scarf or fleece for the evenings - but I don't recall anyone complaining that it was really cold. September and early October should be even better. You can see a forecast for Lhasa on Accuweather (https://www.accuweather.com/en/cn/lhasa/61329/month/61329?monyr=10/01/2017), although of course the accuracy of this cannot be guaranteed.

http://tinyurl.com/Tibetsun 

> is there anything specific one can take out to give to the Tibetans and the children

No idea: the only children who came even remotely close to us were the two in one of the pictures mentioned above: they had clearly never seen Westerners before, and there wasn't any question of giving them anything except a fright!

You should enjoy Tibet: even in the prevailing circumstances, it is a fascinating place.

Jim