BRIAN J DAVIES
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Sad to hear that Just You are using Easyjet to Sicily, and at a ridiculous time in the morning too. Doesn't seem to have affected the cost of the holiday! Nevertheless it was good to see on receiving my travel documents for the 30th of May, that the boarding passes had been printed out ready by Just You. 

Personally, as I use a stick and have trouble walking any distance, (the departure gates at Gatwick North all seem to be somewhere on the outskirts of Crawley), I hope that the facilities for ease of boarding at Gatwick are as per usual, with their little beeping carts!

katy1717
(Member)
JY holidays to Italy all seem to go at stupid early morning times. So I haven't been to Italy with JY since this started a few years ago. I went to Sicily with another tour group in March, left at a sensible time - but sadly also with Easy Jet.

Enjoy your trip, lots to like about Sicily.

Katy.

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Brian,

Personally, I love Gatwick airport - they have trains between north and south which are really easy to use. They definately have the little bleeping carts 🙂 Last time I travelled with easyjet I was really impressed with there service, which was something I wasn't expecting.

Here's hoping you have a wonderful holiday and that the early start is worth it :)

Kezzer

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sorry Brian, did have a chuckle about the Departure gates being out on the edge of Crawley. Heathrow with my Mum was horrendous in 2006 going to New York. Did not know that the Gate was at the other end or I would have booked a beeping car. Enjoy Sicily.

Jan

magpie10
(Member)
Hi,

I've just been reading this post and I'm very concerned as I am going to Sicily on 19th September and thought I was flying with BA, but when I've checked there are no flight details showing against my departure. I also notice another departure seems to have been changed to a Wednesday. I have already booked and paid for connecting flights from Newcastle to Heathrow and back, National Express coach travel between Heathrow and Gatwick and back, and overnight hotel stays before and after my holiday at Gatwick. I will be very annoyed if the date of my departure has been changed and would like confirmation it has not. I am not happy that I am due to pay my final balance in the next few weeks and nobody has mentioned the possibility of my flights changing.

I am getting fed up of being messed around with flights as this seems to be happening with every tour I take, and it's not like I live near Heathrow or Gatwick, so I have to pay an extra £200-300 extra on top of the £1600 I'm already paying for this holiday. I'm getting to the stage where I no longer trust JY, which is a huge shame as I've always enjoyed my tours before this.

Caroline

BRIAN J DAVIES
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'katy1717' wrote:

JY holidays to Italy all seem to go at stupid early morning times.  So I haven't been to Italy with JY since this started a few years ago.  I went to Sicily with another tour group in March, left at a sensible time - but sadly also with Easy Jet.

Enjoy your trip, lots to like about Sicily.

Katy.

Thank you Katy. Always enjoy Italy and Sicily. Brian

BRIAN J DAVIES
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Kezzer46' wrote:

Hi Brian,

Personally, I love Gatwick airport - they have trains between north and south which are really easy to use.  They definately have the little bleeping carts 🙂  Last time I travelled with easyjet I was really impressed with there service, which was something I wasn't expecting.

Here's hoping you have a wonderful holiday and that the early start is worth it :)

Kezzer

Thank you Kezzer. Always enjoy Italy and Sicily and even Gatwick. Brian  :dodgy:

SarahS
(Member)
I definitely prefer Easyjet to the new pared down service offered by BA.  It's not just the Sicily flights that leave very early Brian. Most JY European holidays do the same.  Presumably, the least popular flight times are the cheapest.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
'magpie10' wrote:

Hi,

I've just been reading this post and I'm very concerned as I am going to Sicily on 19th September and thought I was flying with BA, but when I've checked there are no flight details showing against my departure. I also notice another departure seems to have been changed to a Wednesday. I have already booked and paid for connecting flights from Newcastle to Heathrow and back, National Express coach travel between Heathrow and Gatwick and back, and overnight hotel stays before and after my holiday at Gatwick. I will be very annoyed if the date of my departure has been changed and would like confirmation it has not. I am not happy that I am due to pay my final balance in the next few weeks and nobody has mentioned the possibility of my flights changing.

I am getting fed up of being messed around with flights as this seems to be happening with every tour I take, and it's not like I live near Heathrow or Gatwick, so I have to pay an extra £200-300 extra on top of the £1600 I'm already paying for this holiday. I'm getting to the stage where I no longer trust JY, which is a huge shame as I've always enjoyed my tours before this.

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Please do not be concerned. There are currently no changes to the flight carrier (British airways) or your departure date.

You are correct, there is one departure that is on a Wednesday, however looking through some past brochures, this date has not changed.

Kindest regards,

Julia

magpie10
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Thanks for confirming my flight details. As long as the day/date of departure and arrival back in the U.K. haven't changed that's fine.

As per Brian's original post, I personally don't think there's much difference between British Airways, EasyJet, or Jet2 for that matter, especially now British Airways no longer serve free food/drinks, and are now putting extra seats in their aircraft so they can carry more passengers per flight. Sicily is a short flight so it should be fine, and Gatwick is a nice airport to get around with the free train between terminals- it's just a nightmare to get to for me so I prefer Heathrow.

Hope you enjoy your holiday and post a review when you get back.

Regards

Caroline