Jan Myers
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, 

Looking forward to this trip on June 6th to 17th and meeting my fellow travellers.  Is anyone else on the forum booked on this trip? Any tips or hints about the trip would also be welcome thanks - Jan

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan

I did the earlier version of this JY tour back in 2011 and loved it - in fact, until Alaska topped it last year, it was my all time favourite JY adventure. You will have an amazing time.

If you put 'Rocky Mountaineer' into the search function on the top right of the page, you will find reviews, hints and tips from other JYers who have done it.

My advice - pack layers (cold in the mountains, warm on the coast), take double the amount of memory cards you were planning on (and batteries) and, if you can, upgrade to Gold Leaf - it's pricey but, as a one-in-a-lifetime treat, totally worth it.

Happy to answer any other questions

All the best

Mandy

watsonp
(Member)
'Jan Myers' wrote:

Hi, 

Looking forward to this trip on June 6th to 17th and meeting my fellow travellers.  Is anyone else on the forum booked on this trip? Any tips or hints about the trip would also be welcome thanks - Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes I am also booked on this trip, it will be my fourth Just You trip but my first long haul one and I'm really looking forward to it as the Canadian Rockies and Vancouver has always been at the top of my wish list.   Looking forward to meeting you and our fellow travellers.    Pauline