Corril
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Booked for Kerala September 2017, second trip with JY having done the fascinating Spirit of India 2016 it's now time to discover the South.  I believe I was 7th to book (who are the other six?), fingers crossed many more book between now and September.  Look forward to hearing from anyone else who is going (or has been), just read a wonderful review from the February trip with many useful tips too

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

I did this trip in 2015 and loved it. It is a much slower paced holiday than Spirit of India. The highlight for me was the night on the houseboat. If you get the chance I would suggest you do a tailor made add on in Mumbai. We started on a city tour at the end of our holiday but all we saw was torrential rain and traffic jams.

Have a great holiday.

Lesley

Anil
  • (Member)
(Member)
I was in Kerala in 2015 with my friends. Actually we had visited many places of India. India is a great place for traveler. People of Kerala is friendly and helpful. I suggest you to visit these places of Kerala.

Munnar

Alleppey- Black Water

Kumarakom

Wayanad

Corril
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the information, the September tour flies into and out of Colombo Sri Lanka so no Mumbai experience to be had, I don't think anything will ever replace my experience of Varanasi whilst on the Spitit of India tour, Kerala is going to be wonderful and more relaxing
Sue.Bryce
(Member)
'Corril' wrote:

Hi

Booked for Kerala September 2017, second trip with JY having done the fascinating Spirit of India 2016 it's now time to discover the South.  I believe I was 7th to book (who are the other six?), fingers crossed many more book between now and September.  Look forward to hearing from anyone else who is going (or has been), just read a wonderful review from the February trip with many useful tips too

Hi Im Sue and I am booked in Sept, this is my 1st JY experience.  I unfortunately won't meet everyone at the Heathrow airport as I'm booked on a different flight via Mumbai, as I'm travelling to Mumbai at the end of the Kerala Tour.  Couldn't go to India without seeing Mumbai, even if it is on my own. I hope to meet up with you all at Cochin airport as my flight arrives 10 mins after the rest of the group.  Should be there for the transfer to the hotel. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

I did an add on in Mumbai after Kerala last February.  Highlights were afternoon tea at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel, Elephanta island and the Dharavi slum tour.

Wonderful place.

Sue.Bryce
(Member)
'jonah' wrote:

Hi Sue

I did an add on in Mumbai after Kerala last February.  Highlights were afternoon tea at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel, Elephanta island and the Dharavi slum tour.

Wonderful place.

Thanks Jonah, Im staying at Taj Palace Hotel so I'll try afternoon tea, I'll book on the Dharavi Slum Tour.  That sounds interesting I was hoping to visit there.

sue

Sue.Bryce
(Member)
'Corril' wrote:

Thanks for the information, the September tour flies into and out of Colombo Sri Lanka so no Mumbai experience to be had, I don't think anything will ever replace my experience of Varanasi whilst on the Spitit of India tour, Kerala is going to be wonderful and more relaxing

Hi Corril, I'm on the September Kerala Tour, it would be nice to chat before we leave for Heathrow.

Sue

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Wow, the Taj Mahal Palace hotel is amazing.  We did the Dharavi tour with Reality Tours who put 80% of their profits back in to the slum.  Go for the private tour - it is really worth the little bit extra.
Corril
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi to all travelling to Kerala next week 24th September, I'm going to book my seat from Heathrow to Sri Lanka, is anyone else doing the same? you can get the Sri Lankan airways app which enables you to book your seats (on each flight though the flight to Cochin from Sri Lanka is only 1 hr 20 mins)... anyone doing so get in touch

Not long to go now  🙂

Linda

SueStricks
(Member)
'Corril' wrote:

Hi to all travelling to Kerala next week 24th September, I'm going to book my seat from Heathrow to Sri Lanka, is anyone else doing the same? you can get the Sri Lankan airways app which enables you to book your seats (on each flight though the flight to Cochin from Sri Lanka is only 1 hr 20 mins)... anyone doing so get in touch

Not long to go now  🙂

Linda

Yes, my seat is booked Linda- not long to go now! Looking forward to meeting everyone! 

Sue S