oliveb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Has anyone done this tour?   I'm seriously thinking about it (although still considering Spirit of India as well).  The Kerela tour involves an overnight stay on a houseboat.  Does anyone know if you get your own room, or do you have to share?

Thank you - Olive

GaynorC
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

Has anyone done this tour?   I'm seriously thinking about it (although still considering Spirit of India as well).  The Kerela tour involves an overnight stay on a houseboat.  Does anyone know if you get your own room, or do you have to share?

Thank you - Olive

Just come back from this tour Olive, amazing, yes you do get your own ensuite room on the houseboat, there was 18 of us in our group and we were split down for the houseboats, mainly to 3 people per boat, however I just loved this day and night cruising down the backwaters, so calm, peaceful and very interesting to see daily life going on around you.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olive, I did the Spirit of India five years ago and really enjoyed it - it was amazing to see the Taj close up (looks even better than from a distance!) and we were very fortunate to have a brilliant encounter with a tiger in Ranthambore!  I also enjoyed the Ganges and the Amber Fort in Jaipur. However it is an extremely hectic itinerary, with lots of early starts and if you choose this tour, be prepared for an assault on the senses!  I'm very glad I did it but would not want to return to northern India.  On the other hand, the Kerala tour really appeals to me - from friends who have done it, I know the itinerary is more relaxed and you would see some beautiful scenery.  Hope this helps!

All the best,

Bob

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Olive

I have done both trips to India and can recommend them both. In answer to your query about the houseboat, you are accommodated in a single cabin. Loved this experience.

Hope this helps

Lesley

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olive

Yes just come back from this trip and absolutely loved it.  We stayed in some lovely hotels but the houseboat did for me.

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'jonah' wrote:

Hi Olive

Yes just come back from this trip and absolutely loved it.  We stayed in some lovely hotels but the houseboat did for me.

oliveb
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you everyone.  Very helpful.  I'm think I'm going for the Kerala trip
Corril
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

Thank you - Olive

Hi Olive , I've booked for Kerala in September, so looking forward to it.  I did the Spirit if India last year, fantastic memories which will stay with me forever, Kerala I believe is more relaxed and a complete contrast