wildrover
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Does anyone know of any hotels very close to Gatwick south terminal or used any in the past would appreciate any tips as I have a very early flight time thanks
IanWight
(Member)
Hi Wildrover,

I generally use Bloc Hotels which is situated within the south terminal itself.

It might be a little more expensive than some of the off airport hotels but you do not have the hassle, or cost, of taxis to and from your hotel (I normally travel to Gatwick by train) and whilst the room (at least it did not last time I was there) does not have have tea/coffee facilities there are places downstairs but if you are travelling that early then it is perhaps not difficult to wait until you have gone through security before grabbing a brew. (Unless you have your kettle with you). The rooms are fairly sparse but you have a tv, wet room etc & it is clean & comfortable. For me the convenience of being on site outweighs any inconveniences.

Ian

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Wildrover

The BLOC hotel is actually within the South Terminal building , right next to departures. It's basic but clean and reasonably priced (you can book online). The staff are really friendly and the beds very comfy - the rooms aren't large but for a solo traveller with an early start, they are perfect.

All the best

Mandy

katy1717
(Member)
Hi, I always stay at the Premier Inn - which is opposite to the North Terminal entrance, when I depart from Gatwick (whichever terminal the plane departs from). Shuttle between terminals so easy.
jan106
(Member)
I use the Premier Inn at North Teminal and take the train that connects to South Terminal. Very quick and seems to run through the night.

Jan

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'wildrover' wrote:

Does anyone know of any hotels very close to Gatwick south terminal or used any in the past would appreciate any tips as I have a very early flight time thanks

I also have used the Premier Inn at the N terminal for a departure from S terminal, and would recommend it. With the quick shuttle this probably qualifies as 'very close'

Jim

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

If it is any help, Bloc Hotel seems to be about £7 more expensive than the Premier Inn at Gatwick North.

Lesley

Venetian
(Member)
'katy1717' wrote:

Hi, I always stay at the Premier Inn - which is opposite to the North Terminal entrance, when I depart from Gatwick (whichever terminal the plane departs from).  Shuttle between terminals so easy.

Definitely this 😉

I have managed to get a really good room there for £39 on more than one occasion, obviously this will depend on the date you travel.