JUNEB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello there.             Anyone going to Amsterdam and the cruise down the River Rhine on April 19? This will be my 8th holiday with Just You. Hope this will be as good as all the others. Is anyone else flying from Birmingham? If

not, looking forward to meeting everyone in Holland. June     UserPostedImage

cmd
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi June,  Did you go on this Cruise and if so what did you think of it?  I'm considering this for my next Holiday with Just You.
JUNEB
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'cmd' wrote:

Hi June,  Did you go on this Cruise and if so what did you think of it?  I'm considering this for my next Holiday with Just You.

Yes I did. Nice boat and fabulous French food. Buffet breakfast, mainly continental but also sausage, scrambled or boiled eggs, toast etc. 3 course lunch and evening meal. All drinks on board were free e.g. tea coffee wine and spirits with a different cocktail for each day. Hard to believe but true!

The first 2 days we were berthed in Amsterdam with coach trips out as per the brochure, all very interesting. Then set sail down the Rhine. Actually I've also been on the Danube and think I prefer it as the first couple of days we were passing through industrial Germany, not very scenic but the last days were prettier. Sadly we could not visit Cologne as there were political demonstrations going on but we went to Bonn instead which was equally interesting. If you go to Rudesheim you must have a Rudesheim coffee.  Sugar cubes soaked in brandy and set alight, topped up with coffee and whipped cream and chocolate flakes. 7 & half Euros but delicious.

The flight back was the only downside. 3 of us had travelled from Birmingham and departure was from Basel. O.K. for Heathrow as their flight was direct but we had to change at Amsterdam. This entailed a 5 hour wait at Basel then another 3 hours at Amsterdam. Left the boat at 7.30 am arrived Birmingham 7.30 pm. Don't know if this has been altered to make it shorter. Anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy it as it seems as if you've been with J Y before. I've been several times and enjoyed them all. Got 2 more booked already! weekend in Lille and Barcelona later on. if you go it would be nice to know what you think. June

BridgetC
(Member)
I'm going on 21st Oct. It'll be my 3rd JY. Looking forward to my hotel coming with me!
Northern lass
(Member)
Hi BridgetC, I'm booked on the same cruise with my 2 cousins who both live in different parts of England and we are looking forward to it. I'm from Lancashire so trying to coordinate trains to get to Heathrow and back. It's our first JY trip but from other comments looks like it will be a spectacular trip. Regards.