debsydoodah
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just booked to go on the Highlights of Tuscany holiday, 4th May flying from Gatwick.  Anyone else booked on this?  This is my first solo traveller holiday; really looking forward to it  🙂
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Great holiday you have picked I went a few years ago, any questions just ask.

Cindy

DeborahC
(Member)
Hello Debs, I think you replied to my similar thread on here. Yes, I'm booked on the same holiday as you flying from Gatwick. Looking forward to meeting you in May. I'm a bit nervous, but looking forward to it too.
debsydoodah
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DeborahC' wrote:

Hello Debs, I think you replied to my similar thread on here.  Yes, I'm booked on the same holiday as you flying from Gatwick.  Looking forward to meeting you in May.  I'm a bit nervous, but looking forward to it too.

Hello again Deborah.  Yes, I'm a bit nervous as well.  Not so much from once we get on the plane; more the part of getting to that stage ~ I have never done that on my own before!  I hate driving and not sure I want to rely on the trains on the actual day so considering travelling up the day before and staying in one of the airport hotels.  How about you?

Debs

DeborahC
(Member)
'debsydoodah' wrote:

'DeborahC' wrote:

Hello Debs, I think you replied to my similar thread on here.  Yes, I'm booked on the same holiday as you flying from Gatwick.  Looking forward to meeting you in May.  I'm a bit nervous, but looking forward to it too.

Hello again Deborah.  Yes, I'm a bit nervous as well.  Not so much from once we get on the plane; more the part of getting to that stage ~ I have never done that on my own before!  I hate driving and not sure I want to rely on the trains on the actual day so considering travelling up the day before and staying in one of the airport hotels.  How about you?

Debs

Hi Deb, yes, I was worried about exactly the same thing. I'm travelling up the day before on the train and I'm staying in an Airbnb room (like a bed and breakfast). It"s very basic but I chose it because the guy that runs it, also takes you to the airport, so it seems quite handy. just want to make it as stress free as possible. I'm travelling from Devon, what about you?

debsydoodah
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DeborahC' wrote:

'debsydoodah' wrote:

'DeborahC' wrote:

Debs

Hi Deb, yes, I was worried about exactly the same thing. I'm travelling up the day before on the train and I'm staying in an Airbnb room (like a bed and breakfast). It"s very basic but I chose it because the guy that runs it, also takes you to the airport, so it seems quite handy. just want to make it as stress free as possible. I'm travelling from Devon, what about you?

Hi Dee; a friend of mine told me about a chap who could take me up and fetch me back but at a cost of £95 each way! I'm planning on booking into Yotel which is right in the South terminal and combined with the cost of the return train fare will cost about £100 in total.  Just going to keep my fingers crossed that the trains are completely back to normal by then!  I live in between Southampton and the New Forest.

debsydoodah
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Dee

Are you on Facebook?  I think I might find it easier to message there than on this forum.  If you are and feel the same you can find me as Debbie Joyce 🙂

DeborahC
(Member)
'debsydoodah' wrote:

Hi Dee

Are you on Facebook?  I think I might find it easier to message there than on this forum.  If you are and feel the same you can find me as Debbie Joyce :)

Hi Debs, that's a very good idea, this delay in messages on here is very frustrating.  There are a number of 'Debbie Joyce's' on Facebook, how will I know which one is you?  Can you describe your FB pic to make it easier please?

debsydoodah
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DeborahC' wrote:

'debsydoodah' wrote:

Hi Dee

Are you on Facebook?  I think I might find it easier to message there than on this forum.  If you are and feel the same you can find me as Debbie Joyce :)

Hi Debs, that's a very good idea, this delay in messages on here is very frustrating.  There are a number of 'Debbie Joyce's' on Facebook, how will I know which one is you?  Can you describe your FB pic to make it easier please?

Hi Dee

I have longish blonde hair with a fringe and wearing glasses.  My cover photo advertises the fact I am fond of gin!!  Look forward to chatting a bit more easily!

debsydoodah
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Dee; I thought I had sent you a reply but not sure ~ this is not a particularly user friendly forum so who knows. So, just in case it didn't reach you, I have longish blonde hair with a fringe and wear glasses and a black top in my profile picture on FB. My cover photo shows that I am rather fond of gin! Looking forward to chatting in an easier fashion ahead of our holiday.