Barry H
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am torn between going to the Azores or Madeira in May.  Both seem extremely attractive but which should I choose?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barry,

For what it's worth I seriously considered both of these tours a couple of months back and after a lot of research, I decided the Azores would be the better option.  I looked at various threads on Trip Advisor and the scenery there is meant to be truly breathtaking and I preferred the itinerary - the whalewatching was another aspect that swung it for me.  At the end of the day, the dates didn't suit and I've now booked Crete for September but I would be very keen to do the Azores over the next couple of years - I hope you book and write a review on your return!

Best wishes,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and welcome Barry

I have done many holidays with JY over the years and can recommend them, I have travelled as far as New Zealand with JY. I cannot comment on either of your choices as Inhave not done them, I hope some one will. Has anyone left a review on them in that section?

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barry

I have been to Madeira years ago and it is a beautiful island. Like Bob I was attracted to Azores when I saw it in the brochure, but the flight times did not suit. Both are beautiful in their own way but if I had a choice I would choose Azores over Madeira.

Regards

Jaya

Jenny P
(Member)
I went island hopping in The Azores with another travel company. Beautiful lush volcanic islands and each one different, unspoilt and not touristy. Climate was warm, but wet, there were showers almost every day, there is a reason why it is so green! Unfortunately the whale watching was cancelled due to rough seas, which was a great disappointment. So check out the rainy months before you book