badskittler
(Member) (Topic Starter)
In case it affects you I thought you might want to be forewarned. Starting 11th January 2017 passengers flying from Heathrow and Gatwick on BA short haul flights will no longer be served free food https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/29/british-airways-marks-and-spencer-sandwiches-economy-short-haul-flights . As with Easyjet, Ryanair etc I shall buy sandwiches from the supermarket before I travel.
SarahS
(Member)
I've been taking my own food on BA flights for a while now.  The standard of food offered is very poor and often inedible. On two recent evening flights I was only offered tepid coffee and a bag of crisps.
SylviaJ
(Member)
I'd heard a while ago that M&S food was going to be offered. Far better than the muck that BA throws at us at present!
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I never eat on the planes for short Haul I eat in one of the pubs at the airport, long haul I buy a few bits to munch on during the flights and just pick at the vegetarian food that is dished up....

I think the meal deals you can get from the food shops at the airport are most probably more appetising than what the airline has on offer.

Cindy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not a big problem as BA only used to give you a sandwich anyway - now they will be charging for Marks & Spencers sandwiches! Cheaper to get your own before you board.

Regards

Jaya