Pjs333
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello!! I have been brave & booked this holiday, my 1st solo trip ever. Feeling excited!! Would love to hear from fellow travellers choosing this holiday. Trisha x
katy1717
(Member)
Hi Trisha, I did this holiday a few years ago.   Lovely place, a quiet part of Italy.  Since then the spa has opened.  I'd love to go back sometime, but so many other places on my wishlist to visit.

Katy

Dorrie
(Member)
Hello Trisha.I too have been brave & booked my first solo holiday to Cilento Coast..I was so excited when I saw your post!! I have booked for June 4th..If you haven't already I'd check out all the wonderful reviews .It looks a beautiful place...From one over excited traveller to another.Happy adventures!! Dorrie.
Pjs333
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'katy1717' wrote:

Hi Trisha, I did this holiday a few years ago.   Lovely place, a quiet part of Italy.  Since then the spa has opened.  I'd love to go back sometime, but so many other places on my wishlist to visit.

Katy

Thanks for the post, Katy. It does sound like a really relaxing holiday and a good choice for a newbie. If all goes well, I also hope to travel to many places too x

Pjs333
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Dorrie' wrote:

Hello Trisha.I too have been brave & booked my first solo holiday to Cilento Coast..I was so excited when I saw your post!! I have booked for June 4th..If you haven't already I'd check out all the wonderful reviews .It looks a beautiful place...From one over excited traveller to another.Happy adventures!! Dorrie.

Dorrie, the world is our oyster!! It is really hard to make that 1st commitment. Scary and exciting! As you are going 1st, please do let me know how it goes!! All the best to you x

Dorrie
(Member)
Hi Trisha.I certainly will let you know.Best wishes.Dorrie.
Pjs333
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, Any travellers going to Italy 2nd July???   Please say hi ???
SamanthaC
(Member)
The Cilento Coast holiday is great - so great I'm going back again on 21st May!

San Marco is a small village with a harbour on one side of the (sort of L-shaped) hotel and the pool and private beach on the leg. 

There's a nice little bar on the harbour, a great pizzeria in the piazza by the church, a little supermarket, and a handful of other places to eat.

San Marco's sister is Santa Maria which is easily reached on foot, mostly along Santa Maria's sandy beach and she has far more shops and restaurants. Both of them are looked over by Castellabate which is perched high on a hill, and is where that very funny film "Benvenunti al Sud" was filmed. You'll get a bus tour up there - spectacular views.

One thing I would say is, because you have to get up at stupid o'clock you will really welcome a kip on the coach from Napoli - so if everyone asks the tour's Manager, in the nicest possible way, not to wake you up until you are nearly there you might actually get some sleep.  Our Manager talked nearly all the way there and I think we were all ready to throttle her!

Buona vacanza!

Sam

The gorgeous Thalasso Spa, mostly used by Italians, is fabulous with lots of water rooms to experience but you need to get hold of a member of staff who speaks good English to explain the rooms! A towelling robe, a towel, and flip-flops were provided last year and were waiting on the bed when I arrived - I'm hoping the same will be true this time.