SylviaJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

For those of you interested in visiting Churchill to see the polar bears, there is a BBC2 documentary - Arctic Live - next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday which might be of interest.

Regards

Sylvia

1981Kedi
(Member)
Thanks Sylvia - will hopefully catch the programmes. I have very fond memories of my visit to Churchill in November 2014 - hello to my fellow travellers - several of whom have been holidaying in warmer climes recently! There have been some great Polar Bear moments on the Churchill webcams over the past weeks - http://explore.org/live-cams/player/polar-bear-cam Great time waster - especially if you then have to check out the linked Explore webcams for elephants, tigers, pandas, hippos etc etc etc!
1981Kedi
(Member)
Watched the first episode last night. The presenters looked cold!!! It continues tonight and tomorrow. Watch out for Lazy Bear Lodge (JY accommodation) in the Churchill street shots - there aren't many streets! so there may be another glimpse. Would have liked to have seen more animals - the arctic is not all polar bears! We saw White and Red foxes on our tundra trips and there were snow bunnies on the webcam recently. The 48 hour train trip from Winnipeg looked fun - great train but probably rather a lot of tundra views mile after mile after mile after mile……. I have realised I will have to go back to Churchill as there is the opportunity to visit the post office to get a polar bear Churchill stamp in your passport - I recently had to have a new passport so I no longer have my bear stamp!
SylviaJ
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I was in Churchill Oct/Nov last year and Alaska in May of this year.

I've watched snippets but with constant interruptions have also recorded to watch at my leisure.

Regards

Sylvia

Wendy34
(Member)
I have just come back from Churchill and we saw/met the BBC team.  Our group is among the crowd watching the bear lift (shown at the end of the programme).  Visiting Churchill and seeing the polar bears was an amazing experience.