Kattyann41
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm a newbie to Just You and have booked the New York trip for next March (flying from Birmingham) and wondered if anyone out there has also booked this trip, so I could say "Hi" before we get there.  Many thanks, Ann.UserPostedImage
LiisaM
(Member)
'Kattyann41' wrote:

Hi, I'm a newbie to Just You and have booked the New York trip for next March (flying from Birmingham) and wondered if anyone out there has also booked this trip, so I could say "Hi" before we get there.  Many thanks, Ann.UserPostedImage

Hi Ann, Glad to have found you on this forum! I'm also a newbie and going NY 24 March 2017.  Flying from Scotland.  Have travelled alone, but never in an organised group.  Going thru Just You seemed like the best way to see and do a lot in the time we have.  Waiting to hear about the other optional excursions now. Stay in touch 🙂

Gerry133
(Member)
'LiisaM' wrote:

'Kattyann41' wrote:

Hi Ann, Glad to have found you on this forum! I'm also a newbie and going NY 24 March 2017.  Flying from Scotland.  Have travelled alone, but never in an organised group.  Going thru Just You seemed like the best way to see and do a lot in the time we have.  Waiting to hear about the other optional excursions now. Stay in touch :)

Gerry133
(Member)
Hello Lisa and Ann = I am hoping to go to NY on 24th March but from Heathrow. This would be my first trip on my own as well.  Cant book yet and hoping it does not get booked up before I can. I have left messages on Board but had not heard from anyone.  So nice to know two people who are going. Looks an nice trip. Not been on my own before. Hope to meet you both. Geraldine
Gerry133
(Member)
Hello Lisa and Ann = keep in touch Geraldine
Kattyann41
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lisa and Gerry, I'm very excited and very much looking forward to meeting you both.  New York is the one place in the world I've always wanted to go to and if I get to make some buddies, even better.  x
Gerry133
(Member)
Hello Kattyann and Lisa - I have now booked New York in March from Heathrow and looking forward to meeting you on the trip. I have also always wanted to go to New York so will be nice to see all the sites and meet everyone. Do keep in touch. This is my first trip on my own and with Just You.
Graeme
(Member)
Hello All, I've just booked this trip to New York in March 2017 and was wondering who else is flying from Heathrow. This is my first time with Just You and looking forward to the trip.
Gerry133
(Member)
Hello Kattyann, Lisa and Graeme - looking forward to meeting you all on our holiday to New York. I am flying from Heathrow.
Jenny22
(Member)
Hi, it's my first time going abroad and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose a but nervouac I'm flying from Heathrow and can't wait to meet you all 🙂
andyb971
(Member)
'Jenny22' wrote:

Hi, it's my first time going abroad and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose a but nervouac I'm flying from Heathrow and can't wait to meet you all :)

Hi all,

I have booked on the NY tour for March 24th, departing from Heathrow - nice early start, oh lovely; just waiting for JY to come back to me on a finalising issue.

Fret not, this will be my second trip overseas with JY and there's nothing to worry about; signposts are very helpful things at airports.  JY are brilliant, and can be called on as much, or as little, as you need them during the trip.  Great if the tour manager meets you at the departure airport, but don't fret if he/she doesn't (as happened) it's not the end of the world, getting through the airport (which I was nervous about) and the arrival airport, is very straight forward.  The flight itself, the first one I went on was about 2 hours - this is significantly longer (not sure how long it actually is without asking JY).  A good newspaper, book or an iPad on flight mode should keep you entertained.  Unlike my last flight, there's not much to see out the window if you get a window seat.

See you March 24th at Heathrow.

Regards,

Andrew.

sophie4334
(Member)
Hello, I'm also on the New York tour flying from Heathrow. Like others posting here, it's my first time abroad solo and going in a group. Bit nervous but looking forward to it. Will be great to meet everyone.
charlie101x
(Member)
Hi

I'm thinking of booking New York in March as well. Just wondered what he age range of the people going is. I'm a newbie and haven't booked anything like this before.

Thanks

Charlotte

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Charlotte,

Welcome to the Just You Community!!

There are currently 32 travelers booked on this tour and the group is made up of 6 men and 26 women.

The age ranges from early-20s to early-80s.

I hope you have a lovely time in New York- Its a personal favourite of mine.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

charlie101x
(Member)
Thanks Mildred - that's really useful and I have booked!
Gerry133
(Member)
Hello Everyone looking forward to meeting all going from Heathrow on 24th March to New York. Quite an age range going then. Also largish Group. I went to the Travel Show at Olympia last week and had a chat with everyone at the Just You Stand which was very helpful. I have not travelled on my own either before. Do we know which Tour Guide we have and are they meeting us at Heathrow. Yes an early start so it will be a long day. Thanks Gerry
charlie101x
(Member)
'Gerry133' wrote:

Hello Everyone looking forward to meeting all going from Heathrow on 24th March to New York.  Quite an age range going then.  Also largish Group.  I went to the Travel Show at Olympia last week and had a chat with everyone at the Just You Stand which was very helpful.  I have not travelled on my own either before. Do we know which Tour Guide we have and are they meeting us at Heathrow. Yes an early start so it will be a long day. Thanks Gerry

Hi Gerry

Nice to hear from you. I am traveling from Manchester....just wondered if anyone else is? Most of you seem to be traveling from Heathrow.

Charlotte

Jenny22
(Member)
Has anyone received their flight ticket or e-ticket reference? Bit worried I havent received mine yet.
Gerry133
(Member)
Hello everyone not long to go now. I do have all my paperwork now. Jenny22 maybe ring Just You. I am going from Heathrow. Early start. Looking forward to trip now. Been looking at my travel guide with ideas of things to see. But I think we have a busy itinerary as well. Looks like hotel is very central. Hoping that snow has gone. See you all soon.
Gerry133
(Member)
'charlie101x' wrote:

'Gerry133' wrote:

Hello Everyone looking forward to meeting all going from Heathrow on 24th March to New York.  Quite an age range going then.  Also largish Group.  I went to the Travel Show at Olympia last week and had a chat with everyone at the Just You Stand which was very helpful.  I have not travelled on my own either before. Do we know which Tour Guide we have and are they meeting us at Heathrow. Yes an early start so it will be a long day. Thanks Gerry

Hi Gerry

Nice to hear from you. I am traveling from Manchester....just wondered if anyone else is? Most of you seem to be traveling from Heathrow.

Charlotte

Hell Charlotte looking forward to meeting you. Sorry just saw your message. I am sure others will be flying from Manchester. Just need to pack now. Then ready for the off.