BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all, after changing my mind several times about where to go next year - I am now thinking about the Azores!  I've done some research online after being intrigued by the photos in the new holidays brochure and there are so many stunning sights to see on Sao Miguel, I think I may just go for it!

If anyone else is thinking about doing the Azores (and the scenery does seem to be utterly breath taking, as well as having lots of fun and interesting things to do such as whale watching), have a look at this website which I've found very useful:

http://www.geekyexplorer.com/sao-miguel-guide/ 

It even recommends the hotel that JY are staying in!  The food sounds fantastic on the island as well, so I may well decide to put Greece (and Russia) on the backburner for another year or two and go for the beautiful island of Sao Miguel instead.

Anyone else thinking of booking for next year?

Julia/Mildred, I know it's still very early days but has anyone booked for 17 June yet?  This looks like the best time to go, with the flowers in full bloom and also a great time for whale watching.  May would also be very good from this perspective but the June date would suit me better.

All the best,

Bob

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Bob,

It is still early days but I can tell you that 4 travellers are currently booked on this trip.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mildred,

Many thanks for your swift reply - it is very encouraging that there are four already booked and I'm almost certain to book this over the next week or so.

Best wishes,

Bob

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
PS What's the maximum you can take on this tour please Mildred?

Best wishes,

Bob

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon,

We can take up to 30 travellers on this tour.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks!

Bob

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Bob

I visited the Azores in September this year with another company as JY didn't offer it.

We visited three of the islands. All lovely and all very different. Well worth a visit.

Regards

Sylvia

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sylvia,

Many thanks for your comments.  The JY tour just visits San Miguel but as far as I can see (after doing a bit of online research), it is the most picturesque and interesting of the islands.  I'm having to factor in a couple of things to my holiday planning but should be making a decision over the next week or so!

Best wishes,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

I was looking at this tour in the brochure the other day and said to myself that I must go on it. I am thinking about having a short European holiday to recharge my batteries and am now tempted to book this trip. Let me know if you are booking it and I will go ahead and book it as well.

Regards

Jaya