haydockman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello all,

I've booked highlights of Peru on November 8th and with the jungle extension, how many are going on this trip and I was wondering what type of clothing to take.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello haydockman

There are 25 travellers heading to Peru in November, 10 on the main tour only with 15 staying for the Amazon add-on.

In terms of what clothing to take - weather is becoming less and less predictable and you'll probably want to pack a variety of clothes. Historically, weather in Lima usually has highs of around 20 degrees and lows of 15degress, Cusco also has highs of around 20 but has lows of around 6degrees. You'll want to take lightweight clothes that can be layered if needed, along with a waterproof jacket in case of the occasional downpour. You'll also want to take a pair of flip-flops or comfortable flat shoes to wear around their lodge in the jungle.

I'm off to Peru myself next week so, while I won't be able to comment on the add-on, I'll be able to share any hints and tips that may help with your packing when I return.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

I'm hoping to do this tour in a couple of years - I might even stretch to doing the new Contrasts of S America if it's around then!  So please do tell us of your experiences on your return - have a fantastic time!

All the best,

Bob

HolidayDee
(Member)
Hello,

I am so confused. I was invited to introduce myself as a new member, but then I was told my account was not activated. I tried to begin a new thread, the assumption being that that is how to write a new message, as opposed to a response. I was barred from doing so. Now I find myself able to muscle in to someone else's message thread. Apologies: I just wanted to say hello... It has proved difficult.

I wanted to know if anyone is already booked on the trip to Falmouth.... Shores of Cape Cod...  I am afraid to go back to the holiday page to check the correct holiday name in case I never get back on to the Community forum.

I have dreamed of getting to Martha's Vineyard for thirty years!

Regards,

Dee

Ceri-38
(Member)
Hey haydockman

Just thought I would introduce myself as I'm also going on this trip ?Very excited

Ceri

haydockman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ceri-38' wrote:

Hey haydockman

Just thought I would introduce myself as I'm also going on this trip ?Very excited

Ceri

Hi Ceri

Yes it should be good, I've never been to South America before and this trip really appeals, never been with JY before either!

I'm derek by the way!

Ceri-38
(Member)
Hi Derek

I've never been to South America either or an just you holiday

So an exciting time coming up for us.

I have wanted to go for so long I'm nearly packed already ?

Will look forward to meeting you

Kind Regards

Ceri

haydockman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ceri-38' wrote:

Hi Derek

I've never been to South America either or an just you holiday

So an exciting time coming up for us.

I have wanted to go for so long I'm nearly packed already ?

Will look forward to meeting you

Kind Regards

Ceri

haydockman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ceri

Yes in a bit of a flap wondering how much of each clothing to take I guess for Cuzco and machu pichu jumpers will be needed as its high altitude. Have you sorted out your jabs?

Derek

Ceri-38
(Member)
Hi Derek

There was a really helpful post on tips on what to take I'm not sure where I saw it tho.

If you put Peru in the search function on this site it may come up

I have packed quite a few long sleeved tops and a couple of fleeces and a rain coat and a few walking trousers which turn into shorts.

The mozzies come out at night and dusk so I have bought a really good mosquito repellent called mosquito milk which was recommended.

I'm not packing too much as I'm sure I will be persuaded to buy the beautiful jumpers etc they have made out there

I have had my jabs and I have malaria tablets so I'm good to go ?

haydockman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Ceri

I guess it's common sense with what to take, did you have yellow fever jab?

Ceri-38
(Member)
No wasn't advised by my doctor

I'm not going on the Amazon add on tho so that may make a difference

Ceri

haydockman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ceri

Had the YF jab Saturday so am ok!

Derek