Dorrie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Just You travellers.I'm working up the courage to book my first holiday with you to Italy's Cilento Coast Spa Escape.Would anyone advise me on suitable time to go.(not too hot).Thank you.Dorrie.(newbee).?
Bosuncat
(Member)
Hi Dorrie.

What a great trip to consider booking for your first one.  :)

I've been twice to Cilento Coast.  Only in early May though as I struggle with hot, humid weather.  The first time as I remember, the weather was a little variable for the first couple of days, but then bright and sunny, although it was quite cool at night.  The hotel has some lounges at the front, that do not have windows, so are open to any breezes that come through, and it did get a little chilly at night.

Having said which, the second time I went, it was very humid for the first couple of days, but then we had a terrific thunderstorm at night and after that it was beautiful.

Sorry I can't tell you about weather later on in the year, but this has proved to be a very popular trip for JY, and I am sure that there will be other Forum members that can help.  If you do want anymore information I am happy to help.

Dorrie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bosuncat.Thank you so much for your information.Its very helpful.I am one step nearer to booking a holiday for 2017.??
Kimbeverley
(Member)
'Dorrie' wrote:

Hello Just You travellers.I'm working up the courage to book my first holiday with you to Italy's Cilento Coast Spa Escape.Would anyone advise me on suitable time to go.(not too hot).Thank you.Dorrie.(newbee).?

I went on the  6th June this year and it was just right weather wise, I would avoid July and August if you do not like it too hot.

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Dorrie

I suggest you google the weather for the particular area you are interested in as this will give you average temperatures for specific months with historical details too.

Happy holidays

Sylvia

Barb W
(Member)
Hi Dorrie

I went to the Cilento Coast this year in early June & found the weather to be just about right. It was pleasant to sit in & for the tours, plus I didn't get any mosquito bites which is unusual for me, so I think you would be fine going in late May or June. Great choice by the way!

Regards

Barbara

Dorrie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rose1999' wrote:

Hello Dorrie

I've plucked up courage to book my first JY trip, I'm gong to Italy (Flavours of Tuscany) at the beginning of June 2017.

My son has just returned from a 3 week tour of Italy and he says it was extremely hot and humid, too hot in fact, so I'd advise avoiding August.

Whatever you book I wish you a safe and happy trip and look forward to your review.

Regards, Rose

Dorrie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you everyone for your very helpful information.I've tried to reply to you individually but unsuccessfully! I'm a bit of a novice with technology,however I will persevere and hopefully be able to post a review when I've been on my holiday.Thank you.Dorrie.☺
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
My second JY holiday was to Lake Garda in June 2011. The weather was lovely and warm, a small rain shower with a thunderstorm one evening and that was it. Last year was Flavours of Italy in October- same kind of weather.

Jan

Dorrie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for your reply Jan.?