mrsd
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello,

I'm going on this tour in September from Heathrow and have several questions.

Can you tell me what sort of group I'll be travelling with, i.e. gender & approximate ages.

What do you advise with regards to spending money. I know I have to take Euros and Swiss Francs but am not sure what I'll need more of. I've read previously that it's not necessary to allow alot of money for lunches with the generosity of breakfast portions which was useful.

What is the general policy on tipping in the hotel and on the tours?

How formally are you expected to dress for the evening meal? Is casually smart acceptable?

Many thanks

mrsd

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello mrsd

The group is made up of 31 travellers (4 men/27women) with ages from early-20s through to early-80s.

In terms of spending money, this is a very personal thing depending on whether or not you want to buy any souvenirs from your trip. This holiday is on a half-board basis so from a meal point of view you only need to consider lunch and any mid-morning/mid-afternoon coffees. You'll predominantly need Euros for this trip, but we would also recommend taking some Swiss Francs as not all places will accept Euros while you are visiting Switzerland.

Tipping: Generally as a guideline, a suggested amount would be £1 - £2 (€1- €2 or 1 – 2.5CHF) per person per day for each of the following: driver, local guide, porters and restaurant staff. Tips or gratuities are not included in the holiday cost and are totally at your discretion.

And finally, no formal dress is required on this tour. Some travellers like to stay quite casual, others err towards smart casual - it's your holiday so its what you feel most comfortable wearing.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday

Kindest regards,

Julia

mrsd
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Many thanks Julia, that's very helpful.

mrsd

Hello mrsd

The group is made up of 31 travellers (4 men/27women) with ages from early-20s through to early-80s.

In terms of spending money, this is a very personal thing depending on whether or not you want to buy any souvenirs from your trip. This holiday is on a half-board basis so from a meal point of view you only need to consider lunch and any mid-morning/mid-afternoon coffees. You'll predominantly need Euros for this trip, but we would also recommend taking some Swiss Francs as not all places will accept Euros while you are visiting Switzerland.

Tipping: Generally as a guideline, a suggested amount would be £1 - £2 (€1- €2 or 1 – 2.5CHF) per person per day for each of the following: driver, local guide, porters and restaurant staff. Tips or gratuities are not included in the holiday cost and are totally at your discretion.

And finally, no formal dress is required on this tour. Some travellers like to stay quite casual, others err towards smart casual - it's your holiday so its what you feel most comfortable wearing.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday

Kindest regards,

Julia