Aer23
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Finally booked my first JY holiday - nervous.  I've done plenty of traveling but not on a group holiday. I'd like to do one of the South American trips but thought California would be a safer option for a first trip as I've already been to many areas of the States. Anyone else flying out of Manchester?
Lesleyj
(Member)
Hi, I'm booked on this tour too and flying from Manchester. I've been on one other trip, a long weekend to Paris. I had a wonderful time and met some lovely people. But still nevous but excited.
Aer23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lesley - good to hear of another traveller from Manchester. I've started googling the places we're going to visit and looked at the additional excursions. I'm definitely doing the Grand Canyon helicopter trip and San Francisco boat trip but am going to skip the trips in Sedona as I think after traveling the previous day I'll want to walk around and have a relaxing day.  Amanda
Lesleyj
(Member)
'Aer23' wrote:

Hi Lesley - good to hear of another traveller from Manchester. I've started googling the places we're going to visit and looked at the additional excursions. I'm definitely doing the Grand Canyon helicopter trip and San Francisco boat trip but am going to skip the trips in Sedona as I think after traveling the previous day I'll want to walk around and have a relaxing day.  Amanda

Hi Amanda, It's all feeling real now as I've just paid for the holiday. it seemed so far away when I booked it, but it doesn't now. I went a bit mad with the excursions when I booked didn't really give my chance to think about it, but will go with the flow when we are there. 

It was good to see that there are quite a few of us flying from Manchester. Also good to see a wide span of ages. I've been online looking at the hotels, all seemed fine. Take care Lesley

AMG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I went on this holiday last year and can safely say you'll have an amazing time! The Sedona jeep ride was good albeit very bumpy! Sedona itself was lovely to wander round though. I didn't do the helicopter trip but everyone who did it loved it and the boat trip in San Francisco was good too. Hotels were all fine, some nicer than others but they all had everything you need & the days are so busy you won't spend much time in them other than sleeping. If you have any questions I'm happy to try to answer them for you
Aer23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Holiday balanced paid and am going to book and pay for excursions this week - when I make up my mind which to go on! I'm planning on getting some dollars today incase the exchange rate drops further. Am really looking forward to the holiday although have a week in Italy next month to enjoy first. I've even started looking at JY holidays for next year!
pat2002
(Member)
i'm booked on this one and it's my first with just you. Anyone heading to Heathrow from Kent?
Aer23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Does anyone have the details for checking in online for these flights- don't want to leave it until nearer the time and end up with a rubbish seat?
(Member)
'Aer23' wrote:

Does anyone have the details for checking in online for these flights- don't want to leave it until nearer the time and end up with a rubbish seat?

Hello Aer23,

You can check in online using the reference I have sent to your email address.

Please note check-in is only available 24h before departure but in the meantime you can use the same reference to go on the My Trips section on the website and choose her seat.

Kind regards,

Elisa

Aer23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for your response. Please would you resend me the details of the airline check in reference number as the only number I can find is my booking reference number with Just You.

I've had an email from you with my ATOL certificate but it only refers to Manchester to Washington?

(Member)
'Aer23' wrote:

Thank you for your response. Please would you resend me the details of the airline check in reference number as the only number I can find is my booking reference number with Just You.

I've had an email from you with my ATOL certificate but it only refers to Manchester to Washington?

Hi Aer23,

I have just sent you an email with the airline check in ref number.

Kind regards,

Elisa

Aer23
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for the airline booking number. I've been online and upgraded to economy plus and selected my seats for all the legs of the flights.