zztop27
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Planning on visiting Chile, Argentina and Brazil next year with JY - my 7th long haul JY adventure.

Would appreciate any reviews, comments, positive or negative thoughts before I book.

Thanks in advance ..... Pete

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pete,

I did this tour in 2012 with Travelsphere (before JY brought out their own version) and the itinerary is identical.  This is a fantastic tour, my second favourite ever.  I had wanted to visit South America for many years and it exceeded my expectations.  The first few days in Chile were very enjoyable, with lovely scenery and some fun activities such as wine tasting and great food.  The journey over the Andes was spectacular, one of the best experiences of my life.  We almost didn't get to do it, as it was September and the end of winter, and the road was closed when we arrived but it opened up after an hour and all was well.  Mendoza is a great city, more wine tasting as well!  I loved Buenos Aires - the ranch excursion was fantastic, brilliant fun and the show was very entertaining.  The tango show was wonderful as well, with more great food.  The Iguazu Falls are the most impressive I've ever seen - even better than Victoria!  Be sure to see both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides.  Finally Rio is everything you expect it to be - amazing scenic location - be sure to do the optional excursions and if you get the chance to do the favela tour I'd really recommend it for an insight into local life.

I really hope you book and have a wonderful time.

Best wishes,

Bob

astonvilla22
(Member)
'zztop27' wrote:

Planning on visiting Chile, Argentina and Brazil next year with JY - my 7th long haul JY adventure.

Would appreciate any reviews, comments, positive or negative thoughts before I book.

Thanks in advance ..... Pete

BRILLIANT TRIP....I did it in October 2014 and loved it, what an experience....driving through the Andes to Argentina and the Iguazu Falls were my highlights....If you can afford it, pay to upgrade on the way out to Chile, its a very long flight and because flights to Chile are  not normal business class routes its actually not that expensive.

:cool: 😃 😛