Midnight
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone I'm looking at booking with justyou for first time to costa de la cruz but have looked at the reviews and there are a few regarding a lot of sickness at this hotel .  How have the rest of guests found this holiday?? Many thanks.

Christine

(Member)
Hi Christine,

Welcome to Just You and the world of single travel. Tessa is booked on the 17th May trip and has recently asked the same question, take a look at the following thread.

http://forum.justyou.co.uk/thread-83184.html 

If you're thinking of travelling later on in the year, keep a look out for a review from this departure. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Monty

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Christine,

I have been on 12 Just You holidays and as such have met hundreds of their customers over the last six years and many of them had done the Costa de la Luz holiday.  Without exception they have told me how much they enjoyed the holiday, with some of them having gone back a second time.  None of them has ever said anything about getting ill etc.  As I mentioned on that thread, it is common for many people to suffer from holiday tummy when they go abroad,  due to a change in diet and them encountering different bacteria to what we are used to at home.  This results in them having an upset stomach including mild to moderate diarrhoea for a day or two.  It does not mean that they have eaten or drank anything that was badly prepared or that they have food poisoning.  However, many people fail to understand this and say they have food poisoning and blame the hotel/restaurant.  Of course, these things can happen but most likely stomach upsets on holiday are the result of a change in diet.  I did not understand this myself until it was explained to me and I did some research online.   Hope this puts your mind at rest!

All the best,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Christine

I have been on this holiday and can assure that this is a lovely trip. The hotel is nice right by the beach and the food too was great. Don't let the talk about sickness put you off.

Jaya

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
I went on this holiday last year and you will enjoy it, no problems of sickness in group.
Carol J
(Member)
'Midnight' wrote:

Hi everyone I'm looking at booking with justyou for first time to costa de la cruz but have looked at the reviews and there are a few regarding a lot of sickness at this hotel .  How have the rest of guests found this holiday?? Many thanks.

Christine

Hi Christine,

The other thread mentions that there has been a problem 'several' times.    

I know what my decision would be and it's all down to personal choice of course but I think your concern is totally justified.

Carol

daveJB
(Member)
Hello Christine,

I have been to Costa de la Luz twice and it was good both times, the hotel is clean, very nice rooms,

the food was plentiful and very good I was spoilt for choice.

The beach is 2 minuets away and miles long and the town about 30 minuets walk depending how fit you are.

I agree with Bob's post some people are susceptible to a change in their diet but I have not been

affected myself.

I would recommend this holiday and will probably go again.

Dave.

Essa
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Midnight' wrote:

Christine

Hi Christine

Yes l did ask the same question l have been assured everything is fine. l am looking forward to holiday now. When were you thinking of going? l'm doing 17th May.  Tessa ?