SuperAlex
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everybody!

Are there any other travellers that are booked to go to New York in April 2016?

If so then please feel free to say hello.

I'm all booked and paid off etc. Just waiting for my ESTA to come through! :)

If you are a "newbie" then feel free to ask me any questions because i did this trip to New York back in July 2014 so i know what to expect and everything about it etc.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the airport if you are going in April too!

Alex

JuliaS
(Member)
Hello Alex

I , too have just booked on the New York trip. I am quite apprehensive but looking forward as well.

Julia

JuliaS
(Member)
Hello Alex

I have just booked too - quite apprehensive but looking forward too.

Julia

SuperAlex
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia,

Thank you for replying.

What are you quite apprehensive about if you don't mind me asking?

You will be fine i'm sure.

When i went on the same trip in 2014 i had a whale of a time! The courier man in charge of our group was very friendly, informative and had a great sense of humor. He was always there when we needed him.

And the trip itself was unforgettable! It really is a case of "so much to do but so little time".

I just can't wait to be back there in April!

JuliaS
(Member)
Hello Alex

Thanks for your reassuring remarks.

Apprehension over " fear of the unknown".

I am not an experienced traveller - the very fact that you are returning confirms you must have thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

I think that April will be a good time of year - neither too hot or too cold for sightseeing.

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I to have done NYC twice with the Boston New England and New York tours, in 2006 my first JY tour and then again in 2014 my 10th JY tour...loved NYC both times, and did the add on last time so I could explore on my own..

Did 9/11 museum pre booked that before I went with a guided tour, also went over to Statue of Liberty and Ellis island pre booked that before I went, also did a couple of museums one being Jewish and the other Native American, horse drawn carriage ride in Central Park there is so much to do, you will have a great time. Any questions just ask..

Cindy

SuperAlex
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia

You're welcome.

I can completely understand your apprehension over " fear of the unknown".

I am not an experienced traveller either. I've only been abroad twice on my own with my last trip to New York being the second one.

Yes. I am returning for the very fact that i thoroughly enjoyed the trip last time. It really was brilliant!

You get the choice to either stay with the group and go on the planned excursions or you can spend time exploring at your leisure.

Personally i will be doing a bit of both. My best friend lives in New York. He showed me around last time and we had a lot of fun. This time will be more of the same. And, with what we've got planned, it looks like this year will top last time!

But i will also tag along with the group for a couple of the excursions too on the first and last days of the trip.

Just make sure to tell the person in charge where you are going so that they know where you are at all times.

Yes. My best friend said that April shouldn't be too hot or too cold.

It's going to be great! Trust me.

Alex

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
hello, I was in new York in October and was so lucky with the weather! I did the new York by night tour and the helicopter ride. thought I would save the boat ride for when I come back. spent time at macys! if you can get in.. try to go to Ellen's Stardust Diner. where the waiters and waitress sing to you ! we had a great time. cant wait to go back

Ann

Gilli
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

Also just booked for the April trip and this is my first 'organised activity' trip which makes me a little nervous as always been a free spirit but I am excited and hoping it goes well and we also have some time to just amble and mingle.

Starting to work through my list of places I want to experience over the next 30 years and hoping to do a N India trip later this year.

I am driving down to Heathrow from Derby and note that we fly out from Terminal 4 and back to Terminal 3 - does anybody know how this works for parking?

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Gilli

SuperAlex
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Ann,

Glad that you were lucky with the weather!

When i last went to New York in July 2014 it was very hot and humid. But i had been expecting that. The air-conditioning in the hotel room was a god send!

I would like to do the New York by night tour but i probably won't have time this time around. I didn't get time to do it last time either.

When are you thinking of heading back to NYC?

Are you coming on the April trip?

Alex

SuperAlex
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Gilli,

Although it says that it is an 'organised activity' trip you can have some time to yourself away from the group. All you have to do is just tell the person in charge of the group that you want to go out and explore the city on your own and they should be fine with it.

The guy in charge of the group when i went in 2014 was fine with us exploring on our own at our leisure.

In fact, i will only be tagging along with the group for a couple of the excursions in April. The rest of the time i will be out and about with my best friend who actually lives in New York. It's going to be A LOT of fun!

I am travelling down to Heathrow from Lincoln but i will be on a National Express coach. So i don't know how it works for parking.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in the lounge at Heathrow in April!

Alex

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi alex! I saved the golden cruise for next time lol

no im not going then but I would had as its near my birthday. maybe next year.. but my life has changed some what so cant book in to the future just yet! but was hoping to do route 66 next year.

Gilli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'SuperAlex' wrote:

Hello everybody!

Are there any other travellers that are booked to go to New York in April 2016?

If so then please feel free to say hello.

I'm all booked and paid off etc. Just waiting for my ESTA to come through! :)

If you are a "newbie" then feel free to ask me any questions because i did this trip to New York back in July 2014 so i know what to expect and everything about it etc.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the airport if you are going in April too!

Alex

:thumbup: Hi Alex

I'm on the same trip as you and really looking forward to it. Is anyone else flying from Heathrow? I'm travelling down from Derby>

Gill

SuperAlex
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Gilli,

It's going to be brilliant!

I am travelling down to Heathrow from Lincoln but i will be on a National Express coach.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in the lounge at Heathrow in April!

Did you get my previous reply?

Alex

JuliaS
(Member)
'SuperAlex' wrote:

Hello Julia

You're welcome.

I can completely understand your apprehension over " fear of the unknown".

I am not an experienced traveller either. I've only been abroad twice on my own with my last trip to New York being the second one.

Yes. I am returning for the very fact that i thoroughly enjoyed the trip last time. It really was brilliant!

You get the choice to either stay with the group and go on the planned excursions or you can spend time exploring at your leisure.

Personally i will be doing a bit of both. My best friend lives in New York. He showed me around last time and we had a lot of fun. This time will be more of the same. And, with what we've got planned, it looks like this year will top last time!

But i will also tag along with the group for a couple of the excursions too on the first and last days of the trip.

Just make sure to tell the person in charge where you are going so that they know where you are at all times.

Yes. My best friend said that April shouldn't be too hot or too cold.

It's going to be great! Trust me.

Alex

I am beginning to feel less apprehensive - however will definitely be sticking to the group all the time.

Looking forward to everything really as it all sounds very exciting!

Julia

SuperAlex
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia,

I am glad that you are beginning to feel less apprehensive.

Yes, for your first time, sticking to the group at all times is probably best.

Like i said before, the only reason that i won't be with the group all of the time is that i have lots of activities planned with my best friend who actually lives over there in New York City.

Yes. It's all going to be very exciting!

Not long to go now!

Alex

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
when I went to America and Canada tour at the beginning we was all close stuck to group like glue but towards the end we got braver and travelled solo in the towns we went to, I even went on the subway by myself to macys! so pleased with myself that I did it. now have the urge to go again!
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

There should be shuttle buses at Heathrow to take you to various terminals so no problem departing from one Terminal and arriving at another.

Jaya

SuperAlex
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jaya,

Are you going on this trip in April?

I will be flying from Heathrow too

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi SuperAlex

No I am not going on this trip in April. I am off to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize on 2 March and then to Wild Borneo with Singapore Add on in mid-May. I have not been to New York yet and would like to do this trip one of these days though not sure when as my bucket list keeps on getting longer and longer! Have a great time in New York.

Jaya