KirstyK
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi i was just wondering if anyone was doing the inspirational china tour in oct?
karenutd
(Member)
Hi Kirsty. I am looking at doing it in April, but just looking at reviews.....
karenutd
(Member)
I was considering going in April, but not committed....
NickiCl
(Member)
Hi Kirsty, I'm going in October and really looking forward to it.

Have you booked yet?

KirstyK
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'NickiCl' wrote:

Have you booked yet?

Hi Nicki no i havent yet as ive not been away solo! before and am very nervous!

Mike21
(Member)
'KirstyK' wrote:

'NickiCl' wrote:

Have you booked yet?

Hello KirstyK:

China was my first holiday too with JustYou three years ago, also in October, though as a bachelor, I was used to travelling solo.  But I was also a bit apprehensive going so far away but I can promise you there is absolutely no reason to be nervous, let alone “very nervous”!

The Tour Manager will welcome you warmly at the airport and most likely introduce you to one or two others.  Before long, during the 3 hour wait, you’ll meet up with the rest of the group and possibly be seated with one or two of them on the aircraft.

However, once at Beijing and rested, you will just love it.  I still remember our first local excursion into Tiananmen Square and thinking to myself “Gosh, I’m in China”, as such a familiar sight from frequent tv viewings dawned upon me.

On the first coach trip return, I struck up a terrific friendship with a like-minded spirit from Coventry who chose to occupy the vacant seat next to me and while not sticking together like glue, we just clicked instantly and it was lovely to have someone to share odd moments with.  We are still in regular email contact to this day, despite being over 100 miles apart.

What’s more, China has so many major world-famous sites to see, it remains “The Best Holiday I’ve Ever Had” and that is almost as much down to the friendliness of the mixed group I was with.

The more you explore this site, the more you will be assured by so many others of the easygoing nature of almost everyone else and you’ll just be so at ease from the first meal onwards.  Have a fabulous holiday.

KirstyK
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mike21' wrote:

'KirstyK' wrote:

'NickiCl' wrote:

Have you booked yet?

Hello KirstyK:

China was my first holiday too with JustYou three years ago, also in October, though as a bachelor, I was used to travelling solo.  But I was also a bit apprehensive going so far away but I can promise you there is absolutely no reason to be nervous, let alone “very nervous”!

The Tour Manager will welcome you warmly at the airport and most likely introduce you to one or two others.  Before long, during the 3 hour wait, you’ll meet up with the rest of the group and possibly be seated with one or two of them on the aircraft.

However, once at Beijing and rested, you will just love it.  I still remember our first local excursion into Tiananmen Square and thinking to myself “Gosh, I’m in China”, as such a familiar sight from frequent tv viewings dawned upon me.

On the first coach trip return, I struck up a terrific friendship with a like-minded spirit from Coventry who chose to occupy the vacant seat next to me and while not sticking together like glue, we just clicked instantly and it was lovely to have someone to share odd moments with.  We are still in regular email contact to this day, despite being over 100 miles apart.

What’s more, China has so many major world-famous sites to see, it remains “The Best Holiday I’ve Ever Had” and that is almost as much down to the friendliness of the mixed group I was with.

The more you explore this site, the more you will be assured by so many others of the easygoing nature of almost everyone else and you’ll just be so at ease from the first meal onwards.  Have a fabulous holiday.

Thank you Mike21 for replying, its nice to be able to hear from someone who was in my exact situation! and get a little more info. I didn't realise that your met at the airport or that you are introduced to others on your trip there as well. 

Thanks again.

NickiCl
(Member)
'KirstyK' wrote:

'NickiCl' wrote:

Have you booked yet?

Hi Kirsty

I can completely understand why you would be nervous, I was so worried before my first solo holiday that I almost didn't go! But, believe me when i say it will be fine.

You will meet all sorts of people of very varying ages and walks of life. Some will be single, some just traveling solo. Many will have been on solo holidays before and so will know how things usually work and be able to guide you a little should you need it. There will also be others that have not holiday'd in this way before. There is always safety in numbers.

I hope you can pluck up the courage to book, I'm sure you will love it x

SarahS
(Member)
I did the tour with the cruise add on in 2013. There were so many highlights. I will always remember standing on  the great  wall.
Willpower
(Member)
Hi Kirsty

You will have a marvellous holiday. Like Mike21 I did this tour way back in 2010. Had a fantastic time. Everything is so well catered for. All the travelling arrangements are meticulously dealt with as are all the meals.

Have a wonderful time. Don't forget your camera.   🙂

Willpower

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kirsty

There is no need to be nervous when travelling with Just You. You are looked after from start to finish. Don't let your nervousness about travelling solo stop you from booking the holiday you want to do. You will meet people of all ages and experiences and will have lots of fun along the way. Taking the first step is always the hardest, but once you have been on one Just You holiday, you will want to go back again and again. I certainly did - I have been on 11 Just You holidays since 2009 and am off on my 12th adventure tomorrow to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize! Go on, take the plunge. Life is too short.

Best wishes

Jaya

KirstyK
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi so i did it! Just booked for oct, think i got the last place! Still nervous but excited as well. If anyone else is going and wants to get in contact with me that would be great, as it would be nice to know someone beforehand. 🙂
NickiCl
(Member)
'KirstyK' wrote:

Hi so i did it! Just booked for oct, think i got the last place! Still nervous but excited as well. If anyone else is going and wants to get in contact with me that would be great, as it would be nice to know someone beforehand. :)

Hi Kirsty

I'm booked on the October 7th departure.

Happy to chat if you would like

Nicki