max5445
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anyone doing the New Year celebrations in Leicester.
Mick W
(Member)
I'm booked on this one, been previously and think its the best NY party among the UK ones.

Pleased they we are visiting Bosworth and Richard 3rd instead of Warwick this year. Nothing wrong with Warwick but can now see something new to me.

max5445
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick, just about to book it, is it the Castle we would be staying in
Mick W
(Member)
'max5445' wrote:

Hi Mick, just about to book it, is it the Castle we would be staying in

No it Hinckley Island hotel which is just off the M69 (on the A5), its a big hotel and the JY group get their own function room for the festivities.

Angel-49
(Member)
Hello

I have been looking for a New Year break.

Having never had a single holiday in a group before.

I cannot find the courage to do so. I will be home alone!

sallyc
(Member)
Angel-49

All it takes is a simple phone call to JY. Although I've done many holidays with JY his will be my first New Year break and it is natural to feel nervous. There will be many people there feeling just like you do. I promise if you can just take that first step you will not regret it.

Monty

While we're on the subject, could you tell me how many men/women are booked.

Thanks

sallyc
(Member)
Sorry Monty - I think I might have buried my question about numbers in my last post......?
Alison O
(Member)
Angel-49

You should just book it. I was more worried booking my first trip than i was when i was actually on the trip. Everyone is in the same boat and they will all be dying to make friends with you and sit with you. If you really hate it you can go to your hotel room and you will have lost nothing. Please don't sit alone when you could have a brilliant New Year with some like minded people.

Alison x

(Member)
Hi Sallyc,

Sorry about that. It is quite a large group with 66 people booked, 3 of which are optional. There is about 49 women and 17 men.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Peter W.
(Member)
Hi Guys, JY newbie here ! Thinking of the Leicester New Year as a first trip, but not sure I'm into the 'black tie' thing. Is it likely that the majority will be 'dressed' !!?
Mick W
(Member)
Hi Peter. Virtually everybody dresses up for NY, not all dinnet jackets and dickie bows, a few in suit and tie.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angel

I do hope you will have the courage to go ahead and book. It is only for a few days and I guarantee that you will have lots of fun instead of sitting all by yourself and feeling lonely.

Jaya

Lesley Anne
(Member)
Hello! I am also thinking of this break, but like many others am somewhat nervous. Can you reassure me that I won't be eating alone on New Year's Eve?? !!!!
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley Anne,

There are 69 Just You travellers booked on this New Year escape so you certainly don't need to worry about dining alone. Nerves are only natural and I'm sure you've read through a few posts here on the forum from other travellers that have hopefully eased this feeling (even if just a little).

Please let us know here on the community if you do go ahead and take the plunge.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Mick W
(Member)
'Lesley wrote:

Hello! I am also thinking of this break, but like many others am somewhat nervous. Can you reassure me that I won't be eating alone on New Year's Eve?? !!!!

Lesley Anne,

You certainly wont be alone at anytime never mind the meals.

Been on this one twice and for meals we are on round tables with 9 or 10 people on them. First year some of us (not everyone) opted to take part in table rotation where you change table with each course of the meal meeting lts of people. About half the group took part, others had already made friends they wanted to sit with so no problem purely optional.

Mick

dellboy29
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Sallyc,

Sorry about that. It is quite a large group with 66 people booked, 3 of which are optional. There is about 49 women and 17 men.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Had a great time at the New Year celebration. The trip to Boswell was informative & it was interesting to see where they found Richard III`s body

dellboy29
(Member)
'Peter wrote:

Hi Guys, JY newbie here ! Thinking of the Leicester New Year as a first trip, but not sure I'm into the 'black tie' thing. Is it likely that the majority will be 'dressed' !!?

Hi Peter you don`t have wear black tie just be smart & enjoy. I love wearing black tie & had a great time

dellboy29
(Member)
Hi guys just been to New Year at Leicester had a great time this was my 5th one to Hinckley always enjoy them
lesleyt
(Member)
'Angel-49' wrote:

Hello

I have been looking for a New Year break.

Having never had a single holiday in a group before.

I cannot find the courage to do so. I will be home alone!

Just wondering what you thought of the new year break.I almost booked this past xmas but chickened out.thinking of next year though.

lesleyx