MarieJustMe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going on the Inspirational China trip with the Yangtze River add on on 9 September. I wondered if anyone can give me some more info about the cruise?

I can see there is side trip to the Shennong Stream and Shibaozhai in the itinerary. I didn't know if we would be cruising all afternoon or there would be other excursions!

Also what is the dress code like on board?

Thanks in advance!

(Member)
Hi MarieJustMe,

You will receive a full fact sheet when we send you your 15 week invoice, which will give you all the information you need to know. There are a couple of other excursions available, but these obviously depend on the river conditions.

In regards to the dress code, casual attire is recommended on board and ashore. For the captain's cocktail party and farewell banquet, we suggest a smart casual outfit. Also, it is recommended to bring a sunhat and comfortable walking shoes.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

JayneyW
(Member)
Hi,MarieJustMe,

I have just returned from this trip (5th - 21 Aug) and it was fantastic.

I sailed on the Victoria Selina and had a wonderful time. The upgraded package meant that we had rooms on deck 5 and a la carte dining on deck 6 (which was almost empty!!). The staff were always attentive and friendly.

There were trips included and optional ones that you booked onboard (approx 290 Yuan). An English speaking guide was allocated to our group (there were only four of us on the cruise).

The trips were either early morning or mid afternoon but were dependent on minimum number of passengers to go ahead. Also, because of the rain, we had to miss a few ports of call.

The dress code is pretty relaxed - cropped trousers/shorts and a t shirt through the day and then smart casual for dinner. You may want to dress up for the Captains Banquet but to be honest most people didn't bother.

Hope this helps, please feel free to ask if you've got any more questions or concerns. I will try my best to help.

Regards

Jayne

MarieJustMe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JayneyW' wrote:

Hi,MarieJustMe,

I have just returned from this trip (5th - 21 Aug) and it was fantastic.

I sailed on the Victoria Selina and had a wonderful time. The upgraded package meant that we had rooms on deck 5 and a la carte dining on deck 6 (which was almost empty!!). The staff were always attentive and friendly.

There were trips included and optional ones that you booked onboard (approx 290 Yuan). An English speaking guide was allocated to our group (there were only four of us on the cruise).

The trips were either early morning or mid afternoon but were dependent on minimum number of passengers to go ahead. Also, because of the rain, we had to miss a few ports of call.

The dress code is pretty relaxed - cropped trousers/shorts and a t shirt through the day and then smart casual for dinner. You may want to dress up for the Captains Banquet but to be honest most people didn't bother.

Hope this helps, please feel free to ask if you've got any more questions or concerns. I will try my best to help.

Regards

Jayne

Thanks Jayne - that is really helpful