Susikat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm new to this site and am about to make my first booking online (I try to avoid phone conversations as I can't always hear clearly what's said on the phone but have no problem face-to-face).

When completing the booking form it asks for Forename. I am known as 'Sue' but on my passport it's "Susan". I hate it when I'm called "Susan". I don't want to spend a holiday constantly being referred to as "Susan" so want to put my Forename as "Sue" but if Just You are going to book tickets in that name it won't match my passport.

The form doesn't specifically state whether what I enter must match my passport so any advice?

(Member)
Hi Sue,

You do have to enter your name as it is displayed on your passport for the booking process. However, when you are on holiday there should be no issue with people calling you Sue, as you will be introducing yourself as that. I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Avocet64
(Member)
'Susikat' wrote:

I'm new to this site and am about to make my first booking online (I try to avoid phone conversations as I can't always hear clearly what's said on the phone but have no problem face-to-face).

When completing the booking form it asks for Forename. I am known as 'Sue' but on my passport it's "Susan". I hate it when I'm called "Susan". I don't want to spend a holiday constantly being referred to as "Susan" so want to put my Forename as "Sue" but if Just You are going to book tickets in that name it won't match my passport.

The form doesn't specifically state whether what I enter must match my passport so any advice?

Hello Sue

As an added bit of reassurance I never use my proper name, only for 'official' purposes, and I have met many people on JY holidays who do the same, although there are some people who do like to be called by there given name, it's entirely up to you. The TM will have you listed under your proper name but just tell them you want to be known as Sue and they will make a note. Having been on 17 JY holidays I have never been called by my given name.

Avocet

sue1305
(Member)
Hi Susikat

I am the same. I never use my full name now. I recently went on a Just You holiday and the Tour Manager actually asked me what I was known as. When you introduce yourself to the other people on your holiday you can use whatever name you are comfortable with.

Sue

SueP365
(Member)
Hi

I am also Susan on my Passport, but prefer to be called Sue. As the others have said, you go by what you introduce yourself as. Just You just need your name as it appears in your passport for official documents like the ticket and hotel. I've done 11 Just You holidays and never had a problem.