lesleyt
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I went on my first singles holiday earlier this year but heard such good reports on Just you trips so decided my next holiday to Costa Rica /Nicaragua would be through JY.

I just don't know which date to go for so am thinking maybe next February,March or April as this is not the rainy season. Does anyone have experience of this trip during those months?

I would be glad of any advice.

Thanks

Lesley

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley, I answered your other thread. Even though it's the dry season, a little rain might be possible although we didn't have any on our tour. It will be very humid in Jaco, so be prepared for that! By going at this time of year you will miss the torrential downpours in the afternoons, but also the turtle laying/hatching season, so it's up to you which you'd prefer.

Best wishes,

Bob

lesleyt
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Lesley, I answered your other thread. Even though it's the dry season, a little rain might be possible although we didn't have any on our tour. It will be very humid in Jaco, so be prepared for that! By going at this time of year you will miss the torrential downpours in the afternoons, but also the turtle laying/hatching season, so it's up to you which you'd prefer.

Best wishes,

Bob

Thanks Bob, Im a little confused with this forum and strill trying to find my way round it! I would like to see the turtle hatching soi thats put me in a dilemma. More thought needed I guess.Thanks again.

lesley

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
You'll soon get used to the Forum, Lesley. There are one or two things to bear in mind. When you type your message in the message box and press "post reply" all you will get is a message flashed up saying that the Administrator will deal with it. Don't get panicky and think your message has disappeared into the ether so that you need to try again - in all but a VERY FEW cases, it will emerge eventually. All postings have to be checked by the Editor (usually Julia) or the Moderator before they appear here so that may sometimes slow things up a little. Anything you write after about 5 pm on a Friday afternoon until first thing on Monday (or after a Bank Holiday) won't appear until Monday morning after it has been checked.

If you are wondering about a holiday, it's a good idea to see if anyone has already posted a review of it - go into "Search" and then either "Reviews" or just enter the place/holiday you are interested in. That will show you everything that has been written about it and you may get all the information you need from that; if not, start a new thread in either "Say hello" or "Ask the Editor". I think it best not just to put a query on the bottom of a review, especially if the review was written some time ago, since it may get overlooked.

I hope this will help you to get the best out of the Forum. Do enjoy whichever holiday it is you eventually settle on.

Ann

Julie White
(Member)
Hello Lesley,

This trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua is fantastic. I went in September last year and we were lucky on our trip in that we only experienced the one torrential downpour the rest of the time we had lovely weather. I cannot comment on the earlier months in the year but the rain doesn't seem to dampen anyone's spirits.

You will love it.

Regards Julie