suer
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone,

Booked to go here on September 8th, anyone else going? It looks very nice from the brochure. Any comments about the hotel, trips etc would be appreciated. If anyone wants to exchange email addresses let me know, so that Just You can arrange that.

Thanks Sue

ChrisGomm
(Member)
Hi Sue

I'm going on that date too, travelling from Gatwick. I've never been there before but several of my friends have said that it is a beautiful part of the coast. I stayed in Seville for a long weekend and had a wonderful time so I'm looking forward to that trip. Where are you travelling from?

Not too long to go now.

Rosie9
(Member)
Hi Sue and Chris,

I am on this trip, travelling from Manchester, this will be my second time on this holiday, It is a lovely holiday, Hotel right by the beach, buffet service meals, which are really nice. relax by the pool, beautiful and relaxing. Looking forward to meeting you.

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'ChrisGomm' wrote:

Hi Sue

I'm going on that date too, travelling from Gatwick. I've never been there before but several of my friends have said that it is a beautiful part of the coast. I stayed in Seville for a long weekend and had a wonderful time so I'm looking forward to that trip. Where are you travelling from?

Not too long to go now.

Hi Chris

Im travelling from Gatwick too. My first visit there. Looking forward to it. Hope to see you then. By the way are you male Chris or female Chris? Sue

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rosie9' wrote:

Hi Sue and Chris,

I am on this trip, travelling from Manchester, this will be my second time on this holiday, It is a lovely holiday, Hotel right by the beach, buffet service meals, which are really nice. relax by the pool, beautiful and relaxing. Looking forward to meeting you.

Rosie, am glad to hear you like this holiday, its my first time. So you will bevin a different flight than me. What time does your flight arrive into Faro? Mine arrives at noon. See you at the airport or hotel depending on timing. Ive been told there are 37 women and only 3 men!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everybody

This is a fantastic holiday. Costa de la Luz is lovely, the hotel is in a great place right by the sea and sandy beach. The food is nice too. I went there in May 2012 and loved the place. The excursions are good too, especially the Columbus Trail. This is a nice holiday with plenty of time to relax in between excursions.

Jaya

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hello everybody

This is a fantastic holiday. Costa de la Luz is lovely, the hotel is in a great place right by the sea and sandy beach. The food is nice too. I went there in May 2012 and loved the place. The excursions are good too, especially the Columbus Trail. This is a nice holiday with plenty of time to relax in between excursions.

Jaya

Jaya, thanks for all your comments. I can't wait for a relaxing holiday. I have even pre-booked a facial amd massage. I just hope I don't get bitten by mozzies. Sue

Olim22
(Member)
I went on 9th June this year, with a friend, we thoroughly enjoyed it, the hotel is as said, close to the sea, you can walk into the village via the beach or the road, it's not very big, but worth looking round, our JY rep took us in on the 1st morning via the beach. Everyone just says the food is good, I thought it was fantastic, even though it was self service, so many choices to choose from, also no-one has mentioned the free booze! Even though not any choices of each, just red, white, rose, cava, one type of sherry, white rum, whisky, brandy, gin & vodka, + tea & coffee, oh yes a cold machine to get water on tap, just an arm band to show we were all inclusive, as others had to pay for drinks & even some lunches. Excursions were good also. As long as the weather is good, it can get very windy around the large pool! It funnels from the sea. There were 6 of our group who had been last year, so it's very popular. If you look at Google Earth, you can see the hotel very clearly. Enjoy! Heather
suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olim22' wrote:

I went on 9th June this year, with a friend, we thoroughly enjoyed it, the hotel is as said, close to the sea, you can walk into the village via the beach or the road, it's not very big, but worth looking round, our JY rep took us in on the 1st morning via the beach. Everyone just says the food is good, I thought it was fantastic, even though it was self service, so many choices to choose from, also no-one has mentioned the free booze! Even though not any choices of each, just red, white, rose, cava, one type of sherry, white rum, whisky, brandy, gin & vodka, + tea & coffee, oh yes a cold machine to get water on tap, just an arm band to show we were all inclusive, as others had to pay for drinks & even some lunches. Excursions were good also. As long as the weather is good, it can get very windy around the large pool! It funnels from the sea. There were 6 of our group who had been last year, so it's very popular. If you look at Google Earth, you can see the hotel very clearly. Enjoy! Heather

Heathr, thanks for a very detailed report on this hotel. It all sounds great. What did people do in the evenings? Are there any nice bars nearby with soft music or do most people stay at the hotel in small groups? It would be nice to get out of an evening.