DavidG
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am thinking of including this add-on to an Australian holiday. Is there much to do there? Will it keep me occupied for the 3 days as I do like to be doing something all the time.

Any experiences welcome.

rosehoward
(Member)
I have spent two days independently in Singapore en route to New Zealand, and am going again next month en route to Oz. I think it is a wonderfully interesting place, of course it may not be for you. Look up on the internet and see the variety of places and areas. I am not a foodie but if you are, it is a paradise. I did a half day coach tour which included the orchid gardens. Also did a boat trip with commentary on the river and went to the history museum (wonderful break from the humidity). This time I plan to explore chinatown and visit the new gardens made from reclaimed ground. It is full of history, visual experiences, museums and - if it is your scene - shopping malls. Also a highly recommended zoo, bird park, night safari etc none of which I went to. It is also a great way of breaking up the long journey and visiting somewhere different.
Liz P
  • (Member)
(Member)
Singapore is well known for it's shopping, though nowadays it's one of the top 5 most expensive cities in the world to live in. Hotels are expensive now. However food is still cheap if you eat local food. You should be able to occupy yourself for 3 days, apart from the ultra modern centre, you can explore the old parts of Little India and Chinatown, the river areas, maybe go to Sentosa island, the zoo is excellent especially the night safari.
AbbaDave
(Member)
You will find there is loads to do and see in Singapore, 3 days will be action packed I am confident of that, we did Sentosa island too that'll take up half a day, then there's the river cruises, shopping on orchid road, Singapore sling in the Raffles hotel, orchid gardens, Singapore is a very clean city with no litter or graffiti, a very beautiful city but most likely will be humid, the zoo is one of the finest in the world, if you've never been and as your on route for OZ i'd def do it as this may be your only chance of experiencing one of the finest cities in the world

have a great time in OZ

Dave