Honeymonster
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well after a year and a half of looking I have finally booked by first trip with JFY.

I've booked on the trip to Costa de la Luz Sep 1st, if anyone else is one the same tour would just like to say hello.

Bit nervous about it as out of my comfort zone but you only live once 😃

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi this is a great choice - I haven't done this tour, but I know from reading the forum that this is one of JY's most popular and highly rated trips! I'm sure you will have a great time - enjoy!

Cheers,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Glad you have booked a tour I am sure you will have a great time, and don't forget to post a review when you come back.

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Honeymonster' wrote:

Well after a year and a half of looking I have finally booked by first trip with JFY.

I've booked on the trip to Costa de la Luz Sep 1st, if anyone else is one the same tour would just like to say hello.

Bit nervous about it as out of my comfort zone but you only live once :D

That's a good trip you have booked Honeymonster. Lovely hotel, good food and fantastic beach. Enjoy!

daveJB
(Member)
Hello, Once you get there you will relax, it's a great hotel and beach with a nice walk to the town and

very good tours too. There were 40 of us when I went in September and we all got along very well.

Dave.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Honeymonster' wrote:

Hi Honeymonster, I am going on this trip too, but have booked it for the week after, first time too... enjoy I know you will. Let us know what its like on your return

Flyawaygrandma
(Member)
'Honeymonster' wrote:

Done this one twice and it's great. Lovely hotel right on the beach. Good food and excellent trips. Usually a large crowd....around 35 so you should meet plenty of nice people. Don't worry about anything..you will have a great time.

X

Honeymonster
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you all so much for taking time out and posting, this has all made me feel more excited for going :thumbup:

Happy traveling all

XX

Michelle

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Michelle

You have picked a very good holiday for a first timer. I have been on this holiday and can assure you that it is a great one. Nice hotel, food, location, excursions etc. You are in for a good time.

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member)
Hi again Michelle.

I flew from Birmingham last September when I went on this trip. Nice early flight and I think there were 9 of us. Sandwiches by the way are better and cheaper at Birmingham than most other airports I have been. :P

We got into Faro and were met by one of the local reps and had a mini bus transfer across the border to the hotel. We were met there by our TM and arrived to get settled in before lunch. The main party from Gatwick didn't arrive until later on in the day.

Some pointers if they help. :)

Make sure you have plenty of mosquito repellent and also a plug in with you. And also a really good sunscreen if you are fair skinned like me. :blush:

You have to pay a deposit at the desk for a beach towel and then get your deposit back at the end of the holiday. I can't remember what the deposit was to be honest.

The spa facility is nice but it is extra. I think we paid 5 euros for the hour and just used the nice warm indoor pool and the small Jacuzzi. The sauna is also in at that price I believe but treatments are extra. You do have to book to use the spa.

I didn't go on all the trips because I had problems with my feet and also the humidity but Tavira was nice (and also a chance to do a bit of shopping). I would recommend trainers for that trip because most of the pavement area is a marble effect and is a little slippery.

Seville is a dream but VERY humid.

I would love to go back at some point but whether it will be this year or not I do not know. I would go prepared for the humidity I think and take some not new footwear.

Happy to answer any more questions if it would help.

sue58
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Honeymonster' wrote:

Hi, I have just booked this trip on the same date as you, I am flying from Mancehester, this is my first holiday on my own and I am more than a bit nervous but like you say you only live once, where are you flying from?