Margaret A
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Very new to this site and type of holiday, having always gone on holidays with family and friends.

Sent away for the JU brochure and loved some of the holidays advertised.

The one I am most interested in is A Grand Tour of Italy for 12days in June.

Has anyone been on an Italian trip before and would you recommend it.

Do feel slightly apprehensive about booking.

Any suggestions for a nervous beginner!?

Margaret A.

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

Have visited various parts of Italy independently and did the JY Apulia trip last year. Italy is a beautiful country, with lots to see and do. Apulia was very different and I really enjoyed visiting this area.

I started travelling with JY in 2010 and have done four long haul trips and have another booked for this year (Kerala). This is a very safe way to travel and I have met lots of interesting people on my travels.

My advice is pick a holiday and go for it.

Lesley

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Margaret

Welcome to the world of JY, I have only been in the Highlight of Tuscany tour and that was very good, not to hectic with nice days out. I have been using JY since 2006 and have my 11th tour booked for this year as Lesley said VERY safe way to travel great sights to see and things to do, and you get to meet a great bunch of people what more could you want.

Any questions just ask.

Cindy

Margaret A
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lesley

Thanks for your reply.

Just discovered that The Grand Tour of Italy has been cancelled!

Bit disappointed, however will take your advice and choose another and go for it!

Margaret

Alison O
(Member)
Margaret

I did the classic cities of Italy tour last year. The itinery i did is almost identical to the first week of the tour you're thinking of going on. I had the most amazing time. We saw all of the well known sites and visited some lesser known places aswell. It was very well planned and well organised. Everything is sorted out for you and there is no need to worry about anything. It was also my first holiday and i'm now worried about how i'll ever find a trip to match the amazing holiday i had. We got to ride a gondola in Venice, go into the galleries in Florence, visited the sistine chapel and all the other major sites in Rome. We went to the beach in Lido de Jesolo and walked to the lighthouse. We stopped off for a sing song in a kareoke bar (don't worry, it's optional!!). We also got to go out into Montecatini Terme where we stayed for 3 nights. We did some shopping, ate far too much ice cream and went up the funicular. There is a building that looks like a church at the top which has loads of paintings of the area inside and the view is amazing. We went up the leaning tower of Pisa. We did and saw so much. My only regret is that i didn't find Just You sooner. Book it, you'll have a great time and will make some new friends on your travels.

Alison xx