Linzi
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone. I haven't booked to go anywhere yet but seriously want to after reading about Just You. I'm almost 30, and happily single, and have always wanted to go to Nepal. None of my friends/family really share my enthusiasm which is why I'll be going solo!

Was wondering if anyone has anything to say about this tour if they've already been, or is anyone currently booked?

Thanks!

Linzi

Avocet64
(Member)
Hello Linzi

This is one of the new "active" holidays for 2015 and the first group don't go out until the end of March so nobody will be able to tell you anything about it at the moment.

I went to Nepal with JY in 2009 which then had a different itinerary to this new holiday. All I can say is, if you have always wanted to go to Nepal then you must go for it, I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

I loved everything about Nepal, the scenery, their culture and the food and I want to go back to do this holiday, if not later this year then it will be top of my list for next year. If you do go be sure to do the optional Everest flight (weather permitting), you will get a great view of the Himalayas and, if it's still the same as when I went, you will be allowed to go into the cockpit of the plane one at a time and take a photo of Mount Everest.

Avocet

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Linzi

I agree with Avocet in that if you really want to go to Nepal then just go ahead and book it. Travelling with Just You is worry free as everything is taken care of. Life is too short and I personally feel that if you really want to do something, then you should just go ahead and do it.

Jaya

spaniel
(Member)
Hi

Please do post reviews, this is one I would love to do.

Will have to save the pennies, I would love to know the level of fitness required. Definitely one to dream about and get fit for.

Have to hope premium bonds come up.

Spaniel:thumbup:

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Could you tell me how many people have booked this holiday departing on 5th November, together with age range and male/female split please?

In addition, can you give me a price for the morning flight to Mount Everest?

Regarding the required fitness level, I'm 61 and swim 3 to 4 miles a week. Would that level of fitness be acceptable for a holiday of this nature or would I need to get into marathon training! I'm just interested in getting a general idea of the degree of difficulty, bearing in mind the altitude.

Many thanks

Mike

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi mikew

There are currently 2 travellers booked on the 5th November date, both female with ages from early-60s to mid-70s.

The Mount Everest flight is listed as £131.00.

In terms of fitness - no, you wouldn't need to get into marathon training. This question has come up before and I was advised that the tour is by it's nature a walk orientated program. All of the program is comparatively fairly easy and mild (so not a 'trek' that the hardened explorer would take) but there will be ups and downs with some rough trail.

Hope all of this helps,

Kindest regards,

Julia

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for the information; that's given me a much better idea of what I would be taking on. Definitely a holiday to consider!

Mike

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I too would love to do this holiday one day. Just need to get a bit more fit.

Mike, if you do go please write a review.

Jaya

StewM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

I'm interested in the Walking in Nepal trip on 8 October 2015. How many bookings have there been for that date and what is the maximum number of places?

Many thanks.

Stewart

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Stewart,

At the moment there are 4 travellers booked on this date and we can take up to 20.

Thanks

Julia

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

I too would love to do this holiday one day. Just need to get a bit more fit.

Mike, if you do go please write a review.

Jaya

Hi Jaya,

I'll be sure to write a review if I do this trip, but I'm rather hoping that someone going out on the March date will also share their thoughts and experiences with the community. It will help me decide whether to book!

Cheers

Mike

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mike

Hopefully someone going out in March will write a review on their return. I like reading the reviews as it gives you an idea of what to expect. Of course, everyone's expectations are different, but reading a review is still interesting.

Jaya